OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Mar 9, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #1,111 of 1,240
  Here's a question for Oppo, if someone can address it:

I have noticed that on the Oppo US site, it is stated that the PM3 headphones come with a 3m OFC cable and also a 1.2m smartphone cable. However, your Australian site only states that it comes with a 3m cable and some dealers have already listed the 1.2m cables at $35 AUD each. Are you expecting Australians to pay for the mobile cable as extra? I hope this is an over site, as it would really not be very fair.

Minidisc lists them as coming with an inline remote cable so hopefully its correct.

http://www.minidisc.com.au/headphones-earphones/closed-headphones/oppo-pm3-planar-magnetic-headphones-p-1100749.html

Mar 10, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #1,112 of 1,240

Minidisc lists them as coming with an inline remote cable so hopefully its correct.

http://www.minidisc.com.au/headphones-earphones/closed-headphones/oppo-pm3-planar-magnetic-headphones-p-1100749.html

I really hope so because A2A and Oppo AU just state the 3m cable. I'm sure all will be sorted and clear once they finally arrive here in Australia in a few weeks.

Mar 10, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #1,116 of 1,240
First time post. I will be receiving the pm-3 in black, the momentum 2.0 wired in ivory, and the Beyerdynamic t51i tomorrow. I am auditioning these to use as night time cans. They will be used solely with an iPhone 6 plus. I'll post some impressions and pictures shortly.

Mar 10, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,117 of 1,240
  Here's a question for Oppo, if someone can address it:

I have noticed that on the Oppo US site, it is stated that the PM3 headphones come with a 3m OFC cable and also a 1.2m smartphone cable. However, your Australian site only states that it comes with a 3m cable and some dealers have already listed the 1.2m cables at $35 AUD each. Are you expecting Australians to pay for the mobile cable as extra? I hope this is an over site, as it would really not be very fair.

Oppo Digital AU is actually Australasian distributor International Dynamics as a FYI.    Both Oppo Digital AU and Oppo Digital NZ share the same web design.  

Mar 11, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #1,119 of 1,240

Oppo Digital AU is actually Australasian distributor International Dynamics as a FYI.    Both Oppo Digital AU and Oppo Digital NZ share the same web design.  

Thanks for that info. I have heard straight from Oppo that they are including  the 1.2mm mobile cable for US consumers only  So,those of us who are non-US consumers are at the mercy of the various region distributers as to whether they charge extra for the mobile cable or include it. Somehow, I think most of us will be charged extra which is a real shame : (

Mar 11, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #1,120 of 1,240
Not necessarily. For the PM-1 we released the Alternative Leather Earpads in the summer which had the same caveat that we were including it free of charge to previous and current PM-1 customers, and that it was up to the local distributor to follow suit. They did as well, so it is likely that the additional 1.2m cable will be included with your purchase internationally.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #1,122 of 1,240
  Not necessarily. For the PM-1 we released the Alternative Leather Earpads in the summer which had the same caveat that we were including it free of charge to previous and current PM-1 customers, and that it was up to the local distributor to follow suit. They did as well, so it is likely that the additional 1.2m cable will be included with your purchase internationally.

Thanks for that, I really hope that you are right as one Australian dealer has the 1.2m cables for sale separately on their website already.

Mar 12, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #1,123 of 1,240

Rang A2A today and its been delayed for a couple more weeks so sadly no demo for me next week. The HA-2 is also delayed which is a double bummer for me :frowning2:

Def double bummer. Desperate to try these out. Always amazes me that Australia is usually the last to get anything when most products are actually manufactured in Asia, the nearest continent. Go figure. Come on US owners, let's have some more pics and video reviews for your poor cousins Down Under while we wait…...

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #1,124 of 1,240

Def double bummer. Desperate to try these out. Always amazes me that Australia is usually the last to get anything when most products are actually manufactured in Asia, the nearest continent. Go figure. Come on US owners, let's have some more pics and video reviews for your poor cousins Down Under while we wait…...

Shouldn't be too far away for Aus and NZ. The shop I've pre ordered with phoned yesterday to say they're expecting mine to arrive Monday and I should get them mid week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back