OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Feb 16, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #797 of 1,240
I just wonder if ha2 is really worth it. I looks super fancy and nice, but I don't see a reason to get it over a dap like the dx90 if true portability is what the goal is. That is....unless, the sound quality is staggeringly better. Would like some comparison to some single ess9018k2m dacs such as Geek Out.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #798 of 1,240
I just wonder if ha2 is really worth it. I looks super fancy and nice, but I don't see a reason to get it over a dap like the dx90 if true portability is what the goal is. That is....unless, the sound quality is staggeringly better. Would like some comparison to some single ess9018k2m dacs such as Geek Out.
Not worth it for me. Doesn't plug into my colorfly c4 so no reason for me to own one.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #799 of 1,240
Odd. At the "London show" Oppo told me the PM3 were final and would be released "any week".  As I liked what I heard then I'm going to cancel my pre-order in case it isn't going to end up sounding like that.  

Per my post they are still looking to finalise the sound and the colours. I do not expect an imminent release

Feb 16, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #800 of 1,240
Any comments on its sound signature?
Does it sound like 3D? Which is the most comparable amp to HA2?

The general sound signature with these beta units are very comparable to the Light Harmonic Geek Out units I have, which if you haven't heard before, is pretty typical of a Sabre DAC kind of sound with good detail retrieval, fairly spacious-sounding, a slight brightness in the upper-midrange, and some grain in the treble. Both have the same DAC chip (ES9018 2M), so that makes sense. The Geek Out has a Class A amplifier, where as the HA-2 is a Class AB. I find the HA-2 to sound slightly warmer and fuller-sounding with these beta units. That being said, these are still beta units and the sound might change a bit from the final product.

Feb 16, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #801 of 1,240

Not that I can inform you yet, no. All I can say at the moment is that the HA-2 will be released before the PM-3, and we will have the release before the other territories.

You do know that they blabbed online when the launch date was.
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #805 of 1,240
Looks nice. Did you buy 10?

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #806 of 1,240
From the digitalaudioreview.net HA-2 review:

"There are two 3.5mm sockets along the top edge, the first of which is for headphones, the second offers switchable line in, line out and optical digital input..."

Interesting... Can anyone confirm the inclusion of the optical-in feature?

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #807 of 1,240
From the digitalaudioreview.net HA-2 review:

"There are two 3.5mm sockets along the top edge, the first of which is for headphones, the second offers switchable line in, line out and optical digital input..."

Interesting... Can anyone confirm the inclusion of the optical-in feature?

According to THIS POST, the review is wrong and doesn't accept an optical input.
I would tend to believe zilch0md since he is a front line beta tester.
Perhaps he will see this and confirm / double-confirm the spec.

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #810 of 1,240
DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i am saving in 1...2....3
biggrin.gif
 come on Oppo america release the HA-2 now
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back