OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier at RMAF
Nov 4, 2014 at 2:16 AM Post #301 of 1,240

please.
even the two black PM-3 at RMAF had different sound signatures, as confirmed by the booth folks.
they were soliciting feedback and eager for users impressions of both pairs.

I cast my preference for the more neutral and "open sounding" of the voicing, even though both were obviously closed headphones.
one did exhibit a wider and more open sound stage.  
pretty nice.

Yo which one did you like best?

I tried the same 3 headphones. It's like our ears touched bro

I think the white one was my favorite. I liked the softest pads one but sound stage suffered as a result (driver sits closer to ear. I had absolutely no idea the older dude with glasses was actually the headphone engineer till the end of the show when he was scoping the other booths

Nov 4, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #302 of 1,240
http://digi.it.sohu.com/20141029/n405586209.shtml

looks like they are dropping the leather/pleather headband :frowning2:

The PM-3 has still not been finalized, so those pics you posted may just be more prototype cans.
I saw something interesting yesterday, and in it was this...
PM-3 has two versions. The classic version has leather coverage and two colors of black and white, while the other version has five colors of black, white, red, blue and green and using PA material instead of leather to bring a brighter and more youthful sense.

Here is ALL the info found... from Oppo Digital Malaysia.
PM-3
1. What is PM-3?
The PM-3 is a light-weight, closed-back planar magnetic headphone that provides excellent sound quality and portability.
2. Compared with product at similar price available in the market, what is the biggest advantage of PM-3?
Compared with similar products, OPPO PM-3 is the few who challenge themselves to develop the planar magnetic driver technology. Technological breakthroughs, such as the 7-layer double-side voice coil diaphragm design and FEM-optimized neodymium magnet system, enables OPPO to further reduce the weight of the planar magnetic drivers while maintaining excellent sound quality of reproduction, utmost resolution, clarity and high sensitivity.
3. How is PM-3 different from PM-1 and PM-2?
With lighter weight,higher sensitivity, PM-3 is even more suitable for a portable product and can be easily driven by any smart phone or portable music player. New comes to the PM-3 is its closed-back design, which assures consumers to enjoy their favorite music anywhere while being isolated from outside noise.
4. Does PM-3 comfortably wear?
PM-3 is the lightest of all planar magnetic headphones, which tries to strike a delicate balance between comfort and design. To achieve better wearing experience, we tested different iterations of the headphone with hundreds beta users to finalize the headband, yoke and slider design.
5. What is the sound quality of PM-3?
The advantages of Oppo’s high resolution planar magnetic technology and advanced headphone design provide for a very open, transparent, highly dynamic sound. Vanishingly low distortion, especially low odd harmonic components, and well balanced tonal quality, explains why PM-3 has fatigue free sound. The PM-3 will communicate to listeners all nuances of their favourite music they may have never heard before, ensuring high level of emotional engagement.
6. Does PM-3 have multiple colors?
PM-3 has two versions. The classic version has leather coverage and two colors of black and white, while the other version has five colors of black, white, red, blue and green and using PA material instead of leather to bring a brighter and more youthful sense.
7. How much is PM-3? When will PM-3 come to market? Where can I buy it?
It is estimated that PM-3 will become available on the market in the beginning of the 2015 and be priced $399 in the U.S. It will be sold in OPPO flagship store and through our OPPO Digital dealers. For more details, please visit our website (oppodigital.com) for various countries.

HA-2
1. What is HA-2?
HA-2 is a portable headphone amplifier with built-in rechargeable battery designed to pair with mobile phones and portable music players. It can not only restore high quality sound but improve the headphone performance as well. In the meanwhile, HA-2 is a mobile power pack which perfectly supports the VOOC flash charge.
2. Compared with product at similar price available in the market, what is the biggest advantage of HA-2?
HA-2 has a combination of optimum sound quality and creative elegant appearance. It not only adopts the most advanced chip technology, achieving the world’s highest level of audio decoding, but also embodies a classic and graceful design concept through the product. These are quite different from the other competing products which are partial to industrialize and technical.
3. How is HA-2 different from HA-1?
Both of them are the best music friends which can greatly improve the player performance.HA-1 is a desktop amplifier which is designed for the indoor using while HA-2 owns a more portable weight for using outdoors, providing an ultimate experience at any moment for users.
4. When will HA-2 come to market? Where can I buy it?
It is estimated that HA-2 will become available on the market in the beginning of the 2015 and be priced $299 in the U.S. It will be sold in OPPO flagship store and through our OPPO Digital dealers. For more details, please visit our website for various countries.
5. Which terminal devices can Ha-2 be adapted to?
HA-2 can be adapted to all output devices of 3.5mm, including some devices of Android and Windows PC, almost all the latest devices of APPLE, such as iphone, ipad, iPod, iMac, etc.

BRAND
1. What is the relevance between OPPO and OPPO Digital?
OPPO is an electronics corporation committed itself to providing customers advanced smart phones, hi-end Audio&Video equipments and mobile internet services and products. It has been authorized to OPPO Mobile and OPPO Digital.
OPPO Mobile and OPPO Digital have parallel relations. OPPO Mobile concentrates its smart phone business in China and Southeast Asia. OPPO Digital is a completely independent operation which focuses on Audio & Video equipments.

2. Introduce the history of OPPO Digital.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California United States, OPPO Digital has developed great prestige in the Audio&Video equipments industry over the past 10 years.
In 2004, OPPO Digital released its first DVD disc player in America. 5 years later, OPPO Digital launched its first Blue-ray disc player, and developed iterative versions in the next few years. In 2014, OPPO Digital officially entered the head-fi industry, and announced the brand new Planar Magnetic Headphone PM-1 and headphone amplifier HA-1 to the market.
The premium quality, excellent Hi-Fi performance and industry-leading features of products of OPPO Digital have been winning praises from industry authorities as well as worldwide users. OPPO Digital is now the most award-winning Blu-ray player brand in the world, receiving awards and acclaims from over 90 worldwide mainstream media.

3. What is the product mix of OPPO Digital?
There are two main types of products in OPPO Digital. In the field of family Audio&Video products, we have DVD disc players and Blu-ray disc players. When it comes to head-fi industry, OPPO Digital has headphones and headphone amplifiers.

4. Where is OPPO Digital positioned in the head-fi market? What’s your strength?
Our headphones have one of the finest sound quality, excellent workmanship, innovative industrial designs and comfortable experience. With the support of our strong distribution channel, we are expecting to achieve high customer satisfaction rather than market share.

5. What is the future direction and goal of OPPO Digital?
We will maintain and strengthen the leading position in Blu-ray player market, enter into the premium headphone market and establish reputations in hi-end Head-Fi market segment.

6. What is the goal of OPPO Digital?
We have a mission to provide extraordinary people to enjoy beautiful technology. In the meanwhile, OPPO Digital aims to become a global flagship and respected brand in hi-end audio and video industry.

Nov 4, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #303 of 1,240

more images. chinese website.

looks like they are dropping the leather/pleather headband :frowning2:

HORAAAAAY

Nov 4, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #304 of 1,240

looks like they are dropping the leather/pleather headband
frown.gif

The PM-3 has still not been finalized, so those pics you posted may just be more prototype cans.
I saw something interesting yesterday, and in it was this...

Very interesting!  So it looks like there might be two different versions of the PM-3, a black or white leather version and a multi-color version.

I wonder if the two different versions will have different voicings as well, kinda like the PM-1 and the PM-2 have?
popcorn.gif

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #305 of 1,240
Smarty-pants a lot of great info there on the Oppo brand and their goals in the market. Thanks for that. :wink:

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #309 of 1,240
Any time frame roughly on the release of both these devices? Rumors etc... will do for now. Wondering if I can put them on my Xmas wish list? I just bought a pair of the Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime closed headphones and love the sound of Planar Cans. I think the Alpha Primes will be to big and bulky for portable use so I would certainly be looking at a new portable set up with new cans and a new DAC/Amp. I currently run the Cypher Labs Therom 720 and it is a little big for portable use but great for a desktop set up. I have listened to the PM-2's and enjoyed the sound but found them very similar to my Denon AH D5000's, I had a hard time telling the difference. I do have upgraded ear pads on the Denon's however and they are a little quieter but really not much. Both headphones sounded fairly open and precise with vocals and great bass. So I am wondering if the PM-3's and the HA-2 will be a great tandem? Early pictures show that the DAC/AMP with an iPod would be an excellent small set up. Then if the PM-3's are anything like the 2's or my Denon's sign me up!

Steve

Nov 5, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #310 of 1,240
  Any time frame roughly on the release of both these devices? Rumors etc... will do for now. Wondering if I can put them on my Xmas wish list? I just bought a pair of the Mr. Speakers Alpha Prime closed headphones and love the sound of Planar Cans. I think the Alpha Primes will be to big and bulky for portable use so I would certainly be looking at a new portable set up with new cans and a new DAC/Amp. I currently run the Cypher Labs Therom 720 and it is a little big for portable use but great for a desktop set up. I have listened to the PM-2's and enjoyed the sound but found them very similar to my Denon AH D5000's, I had a hard time telling the difference. I do have upgraded ear pads on the Denon's however and they are a little quieter but really not much. Both headphones sounded fairly open and precise with vocals and great bass. So I am wondering if the PM-3's and the HA-2 will be a great tandem? Early pictures show that the DAC/AMP with an iPod would be an excellent small set up. Then if the PM-3's are anything like the 2's or my Denon's sign me up!

Steve

The last said was January/February time frame.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Nov 5, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #312 of 1,240
Unfortunately I won't be getting one from Santa this year but if these items go on pre sale orders I will be all over them. I have had the pleasure of listening to the PM-2's, If these things are remotely close to that for portable headphones, I am sold! I also look forward to the HA-2, as it looks more portable then my Cypher Labs Therom 720. 

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #313 of 1,240
Alternative color schemes other than black and white are being discussed, but we have not decided what we will be making available to the North American market.

As for release, likely the HA-2 and PM-3 will be available in January if all of our targets are met, but Q1 2015 at the latest.

Nov 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #315 of 1,240
Thank you, I don't care about the colour to be truthful, I just want the best sounding option in the 3's, and reading another article that would be the one with the leather pads. The PM-2's are very comfortable so if they fit like that I am sold. Look forward to the new year then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back