Oppo PM3 vs Bowers & Wilkins P7
Apr 7, 2016 at 1:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

vdgraaf

New Head-Fier
First at all, I am not versed well into describing the sound characteristics, but I love a wide open soundstage and a nice punchy bass:)

I have tried quite few headphones lately to be used at work: over 4h of usage daily mostly from 24bit/96khz portable source(Xduoo X3 player- no external amp).
I am listening mostly to Jazz, Classic Rock and World fusion music in flac format...

This particular comparison was triggered by the fact I am part of Oppo-try-at-home program.

I bought the BW P7 a few weeks ago and listened to them most of the days, so I assume they are broken into enough:)

Comfort: the PM3 wins here as after a few hour the P7 become a bit heavy on my head.
Soundstage: Big difference here, as the P7 are much wider than the PM3
Bass: Again, the P7 kick ass here with nice punchy and clear bass. Where the heck is the bass on the PM3, it seems that it got lost somewhere:)
Clarity: probably a tie here as both headphone seem to reveal very well all the imperfections of the recordings
Highs: a tie here as well as the highs are very crisp with no rolling or cut-offs on both pairs

Overall: The BW P7 are a keeper for me. Sorry, Oppo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back