Oppo PM-3 vs Sony 1000X?
Dec 10, 2016 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

damianmb

Head-Fier
Hey there,

Couldn't find a post about this. I was able to try the 1000X but not the Oppo.

I have a B&W P5 and a Scullcandy Crusher but as my reference headphones are Shure SRH1840 and Shure SE535, once a use the portables they kind of lack a lot in the sound department. I also have Bose QC15, which are kind of great for flights.

So I'm looking for a closed back to use at office, home, commuting and flights (not flying that much atm, but I might have to soon). I use a Firefly 1.2 as DAC/Amp or my Macbook Pro.

So, what do you guys think? I would love the 1000x for convenience as they are super comfy, wireless, wired, NC.. like all in one package. The Oppo are same price point, only cable and planars (which I've never had).

I'm not looking to buy and change throw them in two years.. kind of I take care of my stuff. My concerns are:

1) Battery replacement in the Sony, is it possible?
2) Ear pads replacements? My QC15 after 3 years and not much use were disintegrating.
3) Sound quality... would the Sonys be on par with the Oppo? I've read they are crap when not using power and I'll be using them like most of the day (office hours + home).
4) Comfort wise I know 1000X are pretty good.

I got interested in the new P7 but removing the pads to use the cable seems stupid. Any other recommendation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back