OPPO PM-3 vs Denon AH-MM400
Apr 11, 2017 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

VocaloidDude

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone had any experience with specifically both of these headphones? I have read a few reviews that edge the PM3 over the 400, but I've also read several reviews that say that one isn't worth getting over the other, and it really comes down to preference. I've also read that the 400 has a tighter and punchier bass and a bit more lively midsection, which I believe I read. 

Point is, I've been eyeing the PM3 since I got the 400, just wondering what it's like. I've enjoyed the PM3, I think it has a nice sound, however is much less forgiving for poorly recorded music than my sennheiser momentums, which make poorly recorded music sound pretty good. 

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 4
I've had the PM-3 for a while, they're nice... but leave me a bit conflicted. The soundstage is very compressed. I got the DT770 a week ago and I prefer the sound sig of that (costs wayyyy less too), it has a very spacious sound for a closed headphone. Bass is a bit more elevated and there is more treble presence (no harshness for me).

If you want a very neurtral sound with nice mids, but rolled off treble and great build quality/looks then the PM-3 are a good choice. Not sure they're for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back