OPPO PM-3 Closed Back Planar Mangnetic Headphones Now Available in Cherry Red and Steel Blue
Oct 6, 2015 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29
It has been a long time coming, but we have finally released the Limited Edition Cherry Red and Steel Blue PM-3 headphones for purchase at OPPODigital.com for the retail pricing of $399.00. Quantities are currently limited and we may not pursue additional production runs. 

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 29
It has been a long time coming, but we have finally released the Limited Edition Cherry Red and Steel Blue PM-3 headphones for purchase at OPPODigital.com for the retail pricing of $399.00. Quantities are currently limited and we may not pursue additional production runs. 

If these had black pads instead of white, i'd have blue immediately. Alas, white looks like crap too fast.

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 29
Good thing these are limited edition. Don't like the colors. Would have worked out better releasing them for July 4th.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #7 of 29
We had played around with different colored pads and liners, including black, white, and colored to match the rest of the headphones, but ultimately it came down to which color scheme the majority of our employees preferred. And the preference is what you can purchase today.

Oct 7, 2015 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 29
If these had black pads instead of white, i'd have blue immediately. Alas, white looks like crap too fast.

You can always replace just the earpads with the standard black ones. We designed the earpads to be replaceable for maintenance, and in order to "maintain your preference", it would be possible to install black earpads on the Cherry Red and Steel Blue headphones. Replacement earpads (sold in pairs) are $39.00 for the PM-3.

Oct 7, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #9 of 29
That blue matches my aesthetic so hard... great color choice!

Oct 7, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #11 of 29
Hastur you (fill in the blank)....

Long time no (fill in the blank)....

I may order a Blue and a Headphone stand to boot... The NYC Head-Fi Fall meet is coming up (Can't really listen with open cans - too much chatter) so I may have it displayed with my HA-1 and unobtainable Stand...

I'll let you know when I order so you can make sure everything goes smoothly...
blink.gif

P.S. If you want to send some demo stuff for the Fall Meet just Holla!!!!!

Peace...
L3000.gif

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #12 of 29
You can always replace just the earpads with the standard black ones. We designed the earpads to be replaceable for maintenance, and in order to "maintain your preference", it would be possible to install black earpads on the Cherry Red and Steel Blue headphones. Replacement earpads (sold in pairs) are $39.00 for the PM-3.
I thought the pm3 pads were designed to not be user replaceable? Has the pm3 ear pad attachments been revised?

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #13 of 29

Woah, woah, wooooah... A removable pads version of the PM-3? My one and only quibble of the PM-3 fixed? I'm so tempted on buying it full price now. I'd really like a red/white/black colour scheme headphones.

Oct 8, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #14 of 29

Will these be made available to people outside North America?

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #15 of 29

I actually love the looks of the white, it just gets dirty too fast. I'd have to have the headband in black as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back