OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Jul 19, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #453 of 743
Anybody own/owned the HD600, DT-880, HE-400  AND the Oppo PM-2?
Is the Oppo much different in sound to justify owning it......or should I look elsewhere?
How is the PM-2 MOST different to the cans listed above???

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #454 of 743
I'm not good to describing. But some people said oppo seems lack of treble. What I heard mine, that I really enjoy this "thick" mid and treble. And that's the realy diff from beyer products. Oppo will not hurt your ears. Even you boost your amp volume.

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #456 of 743
Sorry, I havent try he-500. But mostly said this he-500 is one of the best hifiman products. I have tried LCD-2. The diff oppo and lcd2, oppo is a laidback sound while lcd2 an emotion sound. I like it both. This is only my opinion. Thanks.

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #457 of 743
Do any PM2 owners also have the PM3? I have the PM3 and really enjoy the sound but find myself craving a more open soundstage with the same kind of sig. Now that I have gotten used to that Planar magic my AKG K7XX are just not engaging me enough.

So I am considering adding the PM2 but worried that it will be too similar? Will this be the case and if so could anyone recommend an alternative? I am also curious about the Nighthawks but there is such a mixed reaction and no professional reviews so far. I just want something musical and engaging rather than analytical. I also have a small head so need lightish headphones.

Aug 6, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #458 of 743
I have both. The PM-2 isn't overly 'open' sounding. Nothing like the HD600. It is pretty closed in in terms of the amount of air that hits your ears. And its signature is warmish and not that 'out of the head'. But it is now my favourite headphone. And has been for some months. So comfy, so nice, so well made. 

Aug 8, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #459 of 743
I have both and I find the PM-2 to be less fatiguing which may be because of the warmer sound sig compared to the HE-500.  Although the HE500's have that extra sparkle in the treble department I enjoy the PM-2's because they do well in all genre's of music.

Sep 24, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #460 of 743
Just got PM2's to compliment PM3's and EL8's .. I am over the moon - I am listening to these far more than the others.  They are so easy to listen to with great and open detail.  They are not as detailed as the EL8's but are an easier listen.  They are more detailed than the PM3's which is no surprise (clearer sound though not outrageously so).   I listen to the EL8's and think they are better (and technically they are more detailed and open) but then change over to the PM2's !   It is a combination of everything that makes them really good - ideal weight/comfort coupled with deceptively good sound.

I can use all the fancy terms others use but the PM2 are comfortable and deliver in a way you can listen to without fatigue.  I am very pleased I have them.

Oct 4, 2015 at 4:15 PM Post #461 of 743
I take back what I said about the PM2's being less detailed than the EL-8's !   I am finding myself using the PM2's all the time and they are better and more realistic than the EL-8's.

I am simply loving the sound and comfort of the PM2's !   

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #462 of 743
Received my new 2.5mm balanced Silver Dragon today!
Will be busy during the weekend comparing with oem 3.5mm unbalanced.
This cable add 50% cost to Oppp PM2=PM-1

Any bro can advise if I can buy the PM-1 original ear pad.
Thanks

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #464 of 743
Hi all!  I've found this a very interesting thread.  I'm looking to get one (possibly two) top-end headphones to add to my iPhone 6/Chord Hugo/Shure SE530/846 iem setup and recently auditioned the HD800, LCD-X and PM-1 against each other.  I listened to those phones with a wide selection of music and found myself leaning towards the HD800 most of the time (especially on classic music) but for some pieces I preferred the PM-1 and LCD-X.  I've discounted the LCD-X because of their bulk and weight and found myself wanting to buy the HD800 and possibly also the PM-1 (because it would work well unamped, looked gorgeous and I liked the warmer sound with some music).  However, I got to learn that the PM-2 was considered by many to be on a par with the PM-1 on sound quality, sacrificing just the luxury bits and pieces.  This thread seems to qualify that impression by highlighting that the earpads do make a difference. 

So my question is - can i get the exact same audio performance out of the PM-2 as with the PM-1 given that all the earpad options seem to be available to buy separately, and at far less cost than the price difference between the PM-1 and PM-2?

Oct 12, 2015 at 6:51 AM Post #465 of 743
  Hi all!  I've found this a very interesting thread.  I'm looking to get one (possibly two) top-end headphones to add to my iPhone 6/Chord Hugo/Shure SE530/846 iem setup and recently auditioned the HD800, LCD-X and PM-1 against each other.  I listened to those phones with a wide selection of music and found myself leaning towards the HD800 most of the time (especially on classic music) but for some pieces I preferred the PM-1 and LCD-X.  I've discounted the LCD-X because of their bulk and weight and found myself wanting to buy the HD800 and possibly also the PM-1 (because it would work well unamped, looked gorgeous and I liked the warmer sound with some music).  However, I got to learn that the PM-2 was considered by many to be on a par with the PM-1 on sound quality, sacrificing just the luxury bits and pieces.  This thread seems to qualify that impression by highlighting that the earpads do make a difference. 

So my question is - can i get the exact same audio performance out of the PM-2 as with the PM-1 given that all the earpad options seem to be available to buy separately, and at far less cost than the price difference between the PM-1 and PM-2?

Yes.

EDIT: Sorry clicked Submit a bit too early. From the Oppodigital website:
"Since both headphones utilize the same driver and follow the same acoustic design principles, the PM-2's performance and sound signature are very close to the PM-1, especially when the PM-1 is paired with the alternative earpads. PM-2 owners wanting to experience the PM-1's original sound can purchase the PM-1's original lambskin earpads separately."
source: http://www.oppodigital.com/KnowledgeBase.aspx?KBID=90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back