OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here
Apr 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #421 of 743
  I decided to order a pair of PM-2's based in part on the great impressions in this thread. I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow. Have a few different Audeze cans on hand for comparison, but most interested to see how they stack up against the LCD-2F's. Thanks guys! 

I will be very interested in hearing your comparison of the PM-2 to your Audezes.  I enjoy my PM-2 very much but part of me still really wants to own an Audeze also (although I don't know if I have "room" for both cans). Please follow-up with impressions and comparisons.

Apr 25, 2015 at 5:42 AM Post #426 of 743
Yeah, I got a pair of leather pads. What you need to do is go to their offline order form, fill it out in writing - add the lambskin earpads on the paper and the price. Then send it off and pay/do your order.

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #429 of 743
In previous pages of this thread some members stated that they will compare the pm2 vs other headphones. Any chance anyone will do a comparison between pm2 vs he400i or he560 anytime soon? Thanks.

May 7, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #432 of 743
Just received a loaner pair from Oppo yesterday and ran them with stock pads for about an hour last night.  Keeping notes and will post impressions next week when I send them on their way.

Bill

May 7, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #433 of 743
Out of interest, which headphones do you consider to be great?

I tend to be a flat treble-tipped trance-head. Phones I like are rather spread out, but my utmost preference is:

- IzoPhones-60
- LCD X

Others probably jive a bit more with the PM-2. Still, I'm so very happy I purchased a pair of PM-2s which are much, much more comfy than either of the above, and a great investment in what I feel will be one of the premier brands of tomorrow. I said not 'great' because, as an open headphone, they sound quite closed in and cramped in comparison even to my DT880/600. But I prefer these. I should have defined 'great'. My apologies. 

I love them. But they are not perfect. 

May 7, 2015 at 8:34 AM Post #434 of 743
I tend to be a flat treble-tipped trance-head. Phones I like are rather spread out, but my utmost preference is:

- IzoPhones-60

- LCD X

Others probably jive a bit more with the PM-2. Still, I'm so very happy I purchased a pair of PM-2s which are much, much more comfy than either of the above, and a great investment in what I feel will be one of the premier brands of tomorrow. I said not 'great' because, as an open headphone, they sound quite closed in and cramped in comparison even to my DT880/600. But I prefer these. I should have defined 'great'. My apologies. 

I love them. But they are not perfect. 

I've listened to the pm-1 & really liked it's smooth treble but did notice that it lacked soundstage width so I suspect the pm-2 to be much the same, although I'm still keen to try out the pm-2. Treble extension = expansive soundstage I guess.

Thanks for clarifying.

May 7, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #435 of 743
I've listened to the pm-1 & really liked it's smooth treble but did notice that it lacked soundstage width so I suspect the pm-2 to be much the same, although I'm still keen to try out the pm-2. Treble extension = expansive soundstage I guess.

Thanks for clarifying.

Treble extension is part of it, but not all. Between-frequency contrast is probably one of the largest. The PM-2 isn't shy of contrast; my guess is that its padding lets very little sound out and air in, leaving the open headphone in some sort of in-between position. Again, I LOVE these phones. My issues with them are issues I have with many phones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back