Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Oct 17, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #316 of 2,563
If it's under $400, I'll consider it.  If it's under $300, I'll just be suspicious and wait for others to buy it and give them rave reviews
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #317 of 2,563
I am more reserved at this point since I do not know if the Oppo PM-1 will have the sound signature I like and if and when they become available. But the prototype looks more like a finished product at this point.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #319 of 2,563
Like `em.  Oppo are also biggish in smart phones : they were the first to bring full 1080p to a 5 inch device, before HTC.  I saw the units in Bangkok about 6 months ago; they looked great but I had never heard of them, and now I`m hearing a lot about them.  I have a suspicion the name is supposed to sound like `Apple` in Chinese, but I won`t hold it against them if the headphones are good !

Well, i have to say that oppo is not so good as you think in china. Many chinese think apple do the best in many field include smartphone and laptop. Oppo is still a small brand. You know, few people are willing to spend so much money on audio device. Such as BDP95. As for oppo find5(that 5inch 1080p phone)actually not so good, especially on battery lasting time.
Anyway, i still like oppo somehow and looking forward to its new products.

Oct 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #320 of 2,563
  I am more reserved at this point since I do not know if the Oppo PM-1 will have the sound signature I like and if and when they become available. But the prototype looks more like a finished product at this point.

I'm sure Oppo is gonna go big on this one to compete with the big dogs.  I'm actually excited to see these coming out in the near future.  

All we can do at this point is "HOPE"  

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #325 of 2,563
Yeah, 22 pages on a headphone that we have absolutely zero information about is extremely impressive. I think this even beats out the Alpha Dog thread for hype, since at least we knew a lot about the Alpha Dog when it was announced.

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #326 of 2,563
Nothing will ever match the hype of the Alpha.........it was the second coming...........

Oct 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #327 of 2,563
Lol

Oct 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #328 of 2,563
  Yeah, 22 pages on a headphone that we have absolutely zero information about is extremely impressive. I think this even beats out the Alpha Dog thread for hype, since at least we knew a lot about the Alpha Dog when it was announced.

Many a time over the years the hype Trains run off the tracks.... hoping it's not so this time with the Alpha, I have high hopes this Oppo is the heretical Omega
bigsmile_face.gif
. If performance and pricing are on target? TOUCHDOWN!!!

Oct 18, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #330 of 2,563
Lcd-x is same way, no1s given any useful impressions despite the fact that rmaf is over,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back