Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Nov 25, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #812 of 2,563
"No one yet has made an expensive phone that produced irrational sound."

Some people would say otherwise on that Abyss with the thousand dollar cable...

Are you referring to the HDMI cable? If so I don't see the connection, no pun intended.

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #816 of 2,563
  Could not agree more. If people here are perhaps turned off by a new unheard of company making yet another product purely for profit then pother no more. Oppo is rare for it puts the customer first and respects the notion  that if you listen to your customer base they will reward you with sales and repeat patronage. Great products which are well made and deliver in the performance arena time and time again. Venture into any AV forum and see what owners have to say about their players. This headphone will be very special and priced accordingly. I will say around $700 give or take. It just screams quality deriving by the images and will have a fantastic matching sound. No one yet has made an expensive phone that produced irrational sound.

Very well said.  I have owned numerous DVD and BD players and the OPPO BDP-80 was simply on another level at a comparable price.  It comes with an attractive box and an OPPO bag that was just thrown in for no apparent reason.  Simple to use and it plays everything and anything, including SACD and DVD-Audio.  

When I was ready to step up I never even considered another BDP.  The 105 is loaded and the audio is outstanding.  Yeah I got another bag and pretty box and even packed with black foam.  Every cable needed for all the audio devices including USB, Optical, HDMI and discounts for high resolution audio.  3D and the best video I've ever seen on a small screen.  

I can't wait for the HP.  
beyersmile.png

Nov 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #820 of 2,563
I guess we all hang out in different circles - I see as many brickbats for Oppo as bouquets over at AK - seems they rushed the 83/95 to market and quality control suffered. Folks who got burned seem to have gone from zealots to haters, overnight.

Hopefully that isnt the case with the latest series of universal players, and super-duper hopefully not the case with the 'phones.

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #821 of 2,563
Just stumbled onto this thread.  Oppo coming out with headphones and an amp?  Wow.  I have been using their DVD and BD player for years.  I would never even consider another brand.  Loving their BDP-105...

This development is going to be so interesting to watch....

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #822 of 2,563
Here is a  site with some new pictures of the amp and head phones...   The Amp looks very nice in silver and its interesting they show the front screen with two new visuals for us...   VU meters and a Spectrum analyzer .... thats cool...    the head phones look like they have a cable that will come with a couple different connector options where you can just plug in an adapter.  The box the head phones come in does not look cheap either...    cool looking head phone stand...

here's the site with pics..

http://www.phileweb.com/news/d-av/image.php?id=33985&row=5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back