Oppo HA-2 SE w/ Iphone 7 vs. HTC 10?
Nov 30, 2016 at 7:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Eli Tackla

New Head-Fier
Hi-
I'm new to the group. I just have a quick question if anybody on here has a brief moment. I currently own an HTC 10 which I bought specifically to listen to FLAC files using Onkyo HF player and Beyerdynamic T70p's. There are a few logistical reasons that would make going back to IPhone an attractive option for me. I absolutely do not want to sacrifice sound quality if I make this change. I have read glowing reviews of the Oppo HA2-SE. Can anyone give me any insight as to quality of sound with an IPhone/Oppo setup vs. my HTC 10. It would be much appreciated because I can't really afford to buy first and try.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2 of 6
If I understand correctly you plan to output to the Oppo HA2-SE regardless of the device? If you do this there will be no difference in sound quality between either the iPhone 7 or the HTC 10 since all the device is doing is sending a digital signal to the DAC/Amp.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #3 of 6

​Sorry-I should have been more clear. I'm happy with the HTC 10 without a DAC. I'm hoping to use the DAC to improve the sound of an IPhone to at least the same quality.

The HTC 10 has a standalone DAC and headphone amp built in which I'm assuming is rare in smartphones. I just didn't want to downgrade.

Nov 30, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #4 of 6
Well if I had to say, you'd probably get better quality out of the dedicated DAC/Amp especially if your headphone is the 250 Ohm model. The Oppo HA2-SE is a very good DAC/Amp but personally I'm not willing to carry around another brick in my pocket for a slightly better improvement in sound quality. I guess if your main concern is sound quality I'd say go for the iPhone 7 with the DAC/Amp as it will be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back