Oppo HA-2 SE or FiioX7/Pioneer XDP-100r/Onkyo DP-x1
Oct 16, 2016 at 5:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xLoud

100+ Head-Fier
Right now I have Fiio X3 2nd gen. Using it with Audio Technica ATH-M40x and MSR7. I am planning to upgrade. So far I have shortlisted FiioX7, Pioneer XDP-100r, Onkyo DP-X1(preferred one). Then I came accross  Oppo HA-2SE. Oppo HA-2SE seemed to have great reviews only all over the internet. Now I am totally confused. Should I buy a new dap or just buy Oppo HA-2. From budget point of view Oppo HA-2SE(use it with fiio X3 coax out) seemed to be favored one. As far as I have understood(I may be wrong) I can get better results with Chord Mojo(same price as the above mentioned DAPs) spending the same amount of money. 

P.S.: Will upgrade to AKG K7xxvery soon.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 3
You should go for headphones first and then upgrade the source later. Your biggest jump in sound quality will almost always be the end of the chain i.e. Headphones. Your looking at sources way more expensive than your headphones that is backwards get better cans first.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 3
Will AKG K7xxx be good enough to get the best of these daps I am looking for? Or I should go for something like Sennheiser HD650 or Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro 250Ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back