Oppo HA-1 or 2nd Schiit DAC/AMP Combo
Jan 29, 2017 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Thenazgul

100+ Head-Fier
Currently I have a Lyr-2 + Bifrost Multibit in combination with a HD800S.
For my second high-end system I also need a good DAC/Amp (combo). I have the Valhalla-2 + Bifrost multibit in my mind.

Although I have a future upgrade in a few months in my mind of some studiomonitors. My eye felt on the EVE SC305. Those could be connected with either XLR or RCA (which is used by the Lyr-2 and Valhalla).I am wondering how the speaker would perform through the Lyr-2 or Valhalla. Since they are basically headphone-amplifiers.

Or would it more wisely to look at a Oppa HA-1 or something else? (they have balanced XLR out for speakers). I prefer some tube-sound.The maximum budget of a DAC/AMP combo is roughly 1200 euro's. 

Jan 29, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 3
Schiit has also a Mjolnir 2 in their collection. It has balanced XLR outputs. It also had a 1/4 TRS Phono (headphone connection). That is a balanced one right? Is it possible to a normal 1/4 plug (unbalanced one) as well????

Jan 29, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 3
Hm in the guide of the Mjolnir 2 :

6 :  Single-Ended Headphone Output. Connect unbalanced headphones here, using a 1/4” TRS plug. Guess my question on this part is answered. It is just a normal stereo-plug.

Guess the Mjolnir 2 would be a better option then. Together with the normal DAC Gungnir? The multibit variant is a bit to expensive. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back