OPPO HA-1 ... impression after a while
May 2, 2015 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jahierjp

New Head-Fier
Hello

I have been owning the OPPO HA-1 since a couple of months, and i am pretty happy with it.

Main usage : on my desktop to listen to streaming music , from various sources : NAS/ CD, or streaming server through internet.

I appreciate the connectivity, which allows me to switch between several computer without have to tackle with connection / disconnection. I use usb, coaxial with a sound card in pass-through mode , optical input with a Cowon Plenue and bluetooth for streaming under an android tablet control.

All that works great

The OPPO amplifier is coupled with a HD-800 , and from time to time with my old AKG-702 for the fun.

It's also coupled with a pair of second-hand ears (i'm not that young) ; even if i cannot pretend any expertise in the audio reviewing domain, i consider the couple HA-1 HD800  as a very good combination, offering comfort even after a few hours of listening. My overall impression is that the ensemble is quite neutral in rendering, pleasant for jazz and female voices.

OPPO UI is quite intuitive and doesn't require much of training. My choice was guided by the "Swiss army knife" capability of the Oppo regarding its inputs, and it is definitely a superb solution for that.

In a nutshell : no regret, i'm quite happy with that unit.

May 3, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello

I have been owning the OPPO HA-1 since a couple of months, and i am pretty happy with it.

Main usage : on my desktop to listen to streaming music , from various sources : NAS/ CD, or streaming server through internet.

I appreciate the connectivity, which allows me to switch between several computer without have to tackle with connection / disconnection. I use usb, coaxial with a sound card in pass-through mode , optical input with a Cowon Plenue and bluetooth for streaming under an android tablet control.

All that works great

The OPPO amplifier is coupled with a HD-800 , and from time to time with my old AKG-702 for the fun.

It's also coupled with a pair of second-hand ears (i'm not that young) ; even if i cannot pretend any expertise in the audio reviewing domain, i consider the couple HA-1 HD800  as a very good combination, offering comfort even after a few hours of listening. My overall impression is that the ensemble is quite neutral in rendering, pleasant for jazz and female voices.

OPPO UI is quite intuitive and doesn't require much of training. My choice was guided by the "Swiss army knife" capability of the Oppo regarding its inputs, and it is definitely a superb solution for that.

In a nutshell : no regret, i'm quite happy with that unit.

I'm exactly like you. I use it mostly streaming bluetooth Tidal over my Android tablet. I really do like this unit over my sold Lyr and Bifrost. I use the LCD 2.2s. No regrets here either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back