Oppo HA-1/Burson Soloist + LCD3F
Sep 29, 2016 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hyperism

Head-Fier
To preface, the LCD3f's are my favorite headphones so far.

Really getting bored from my WA7+tp. Even after rolling the tubes, I don't think it's getting the best possible sound.

Matter of fact my new Asus motherboard has a SabreDAC and it sounds better to me than the WA7+tp.

So my question is, will I be happy with something like an Oppo HA-1?
I want something that sounds solid, controlled (like the smooth lower end falloff of the LCD3).
I know Solid State AMPs will sound different than Tube amps, but any thoughts appreciated.

cheers

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 2
To preface, the LCD3f's are my favorite headphones so far.

Really getting bored from my WA7+tp. Even after rolling the tubes, I don't think it's getting the best possible sound.

Matter of fact my new Asus motherboard has a SabreDAC and it sounds better to me than the WA7+tp.

So my question is, will I be happy with something like an Oppo HA-1?
I want something that sounds solid, controlled (like the smooth lower end falloff of the LCD3).
I know Solid State AMPs will sound different than Tube amps, but any thoughts appreciated.

cheers

It's been my experience (and many reviewers) that the Bursons/LCDs are beautifully matched.
I had the Soloist and now the CV2+ and they mate so well with my LCD-3f, XC, and LCD-4. I tried other amps but kept coming back to the Burson for inputs energy and PRaT. My 2cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back