OPPO 83 question.
Jul 11, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkswordsman17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't suppose anyone knows what formats it supports via USB? Or if you can do USB to a PC and stream that way?

This link from the Oppo BDP-83 FAQ, may be helpful. I heard that the USB input does not support DolbyHD/DTS Master (sp?), but I am no authority on the subject. I haven't heard of anyone hooking it up to a computer in the way you describe, but folks have hooked up external USB hard drives with success (but make sure they have an external power source so you don't fry the USB port).

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAmish /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This link from the Oppo BDP-83 FAQ, may be helpful. I heard that the USB input does not support DolbyHD/DTS Master (sp?), but I am no authority on the subject. I haven't heard of anyone hooking it up to a computer in the way you describe, but folks have hooked up external USB hard drives with success (but make sure they have an external power source so you don't fry the USB port).

Thanks for the link. Hmm, no mention of AAC (or would that fall under mp4?) or FLAC, so I'll assume they're not supported. Wow, wav isn't supported? I'd guess streaming/direct PC connection isn't something it could do otherwise it'd be mentioned. Oh well, so its not perfect, and considering everything else it still seems to be a bargain.

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkswordsman17 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the link. Hmm, no mention of AAC (or would that fall under mp4?) or FLAC, so I'll assume they're not supported.

Just scroll down a bit (see: "What are the supported media file audio codecs?" heading). AAC is supported, but sadly not FLAC. At least as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back