Opinions Wanted: What's the best dual balanced armature earphone available?
Apr 22, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 10
I am currently using Campfire Audio Nova - 2 Balanced Armature drivers. Balance kind of sound signature but there is rolled off at treble. You can consider hybrid IEM such as Campfire Audio Polaris - 1 BA and 1 dynamic. Besides this 2 models, Westone UM Pro 20 and Shure SE425 are good choices too :)

Apr 22, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 10
IMO you should pick your gear based on sound, not on how many drivers it has. I bought my single driver Orions over the Shure 425 and Westone W30 after demoing them.

Apr 23, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 10
IMO you should pick your gear based on sound, not on how many drivers it has. I bought my single driver Orions over the Shure 425 and Westone W30 after demoing them.

Any reason why you picked Orions over the 425 and W30?

I tested the 425 and really liked it. I've been recommended the W30 too based on my preferences for a neutral sound signature with a wide soundstage and comfort.

Apr 23, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #6 of 10
There's no objective best depending on your sound preferences etc. Some that come to mind at the lower end of the spectrum are Noble X, Brainwavz B200, Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3, Inear SD-2, Earwerkz/Empire Supra.

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 10
Any reason why you picked Orions over the 425 and W30?

I tested the 425 and really liked it. I've been recommended the W30 too based on my preferences for a neutral sound signature with a wide soundstage and comfort.

I struggle to recall the details of the 425 and W30... it was several years ago and I was less experienced in audio. What I do recall was that the vocals were clearer and drums had a better "snap" to them on the Orions than the others I heard (I was auditioning 5 or 6 IEMs at the time). Not much bass, but very well controlled.

Can't really be more specific unfortunately.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #10 of 10
jh audio just released a dual ba universal, my jh5 is my favorite dual ba ive heard for a punchy energetic, but still balanced sound sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back