Opinions on USB DAC required please
Jan 30, 2010 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hinomotocho

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I've recently aquired some Denon D2000s, and I love them, but am looking for an amp/DAC to get more out of them. I mostly use my PC to listen to music so a USB DAC is probably what I'm after. I live in New Zealand and prefer to buy from NZ or Australia so I'm quite limited for options. My options are: Fireye 2 - NZ$184, Fubar IV - NZ$499, Meier Corda 3Move - NZ$447, NuForce uDAC - NZ$235, NuForce Icon NZ$447. I've read too many reviews/opinions and feel confused. Are my cheaper options adequate? Is it really worth the extra $$ to get the more expensive ones. Help please.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm REQUIRED to give my opinion?

The hype around the NuForce Icon is pretty big. And it's a DAC/Amp together. You could look into the Little Dot DAC_II aswell, if you want to get something with a nice beginner DAC, and a cheap amp stuck inside, with room to upgrade.

Try to find my 'MY MIND IS MELTING' post; it has a lot of information on DACs and Amps and combos, from the point of someone in your position only... A week or two ago.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #3 of 5
I will have to say ibasso D4,its within your budget and most importantly it compares and on par with high end desktop DACs,plus you get a nice portable amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for your input, I'll look into your suggestions - I actually do have the Little Dot option available to me, and I've heard alot about the ibassoD4.
Required was the wrong word, it just reflects my mind being in a frustrated state of confusion.

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beninnzorjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your input, I'll look into your suggestions - I actually do have the Little Dot option available to me, and I've heard alot about the ibassoD4.
Required was the wrong word, it just reflects my mind being in a frustrated state of confusion.

Heh, I was just kidding, don't worry 'bout it. I understand completely.

Good luck, and sorry about your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back