Opinions on the new Siberia Elites?
Oct 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

DerpMaster

Head-Fier
I don't really understand much about headphones/headsets and their specs, but I'm thinking about getting the Elites for a friend of mine. Are they worth the $200, or is there something better I can get him? He mostly listens to electronic music, and plays fps games, such as counter-strike. Gaming is more important than music to him though. Thanks in advance!

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 14
Oct 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 14
Oct 7, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #7 of 14
The bad part about this headsets is the gimmicky "gaming" functions. Not sure about the sound quality, we'll see. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #9 of 14
Siberia v2 was awesome for the street price last few years. Very comfortable and more than acceptable audio in relation to the cost. And I actually really liked them as warm music phones.

Elite is listed at over 3 times what you pick up the v2 for now (if you shop around you get even the USB v2 for something like €50 here), so I don't know... I don't give one eff about LEDs, but on-ear volume/mic control seems great on a gaming phone and the new build looks even more comfortable and better isolating as well. But I think there has to be a significant audio improvement besides just the new Dolby Prologic features in the soundcard to justify the higher cost.

I'd probably wait until they've been around for a while rather than pre-ordering.

Nov 24, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #11 of 14
Comfort-wise I think they're great for gaming, especially in noisy environments (given that they do isolate well or better than the ordinary closed headphones, which is something Steelseries claim they excel at), but I'm dubious to whether the audio will compete with headphones in the same price range like for example DT770, Fidelio X1, and ATH-M50. And I'm also concerned about compatibility when using it with a soundcard--will the sound dial and LED lights still work without using the included module?

Just for pure interest I might pick them up and demo since I'm looking to buy a pair of headphones that isolate well for LAN parties.

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 14
The headset just received a mediocre score on a Swedish PC site. They complained that the frequency response was uneven and with certain emphasis on the mids; that they are comfortable at first wear but get uncomfortable after prolonged periods; bad sampling on mic; and that the volume controller does not shut off the sound completely, as is the case with the external volume controller of the Zxr soundcard.

They did mention that they are quite sturdy and that they isolate well.

Source: http://www.sweclockers.com/recension/17847-steelseries-siberia-elite/7#pagehead
G-Translate to English: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=sv&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sweclockers.com%2Frecension%2F17847-steelseries-siberia-elite%2F7%23pagehead

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #13 of 14
  The headset just received a mediocre score on a Swedish PC site. They complained that the frequency response was uneven and with certain emphasis on the mids; that they are comfortable at first wear but get uncomfortable after prolonged periods; bad sampling on mic; and that the volume controller does not shut off the sound completely, as is the case with the external volume controller of the Zxr soundcard.

Not surprised 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #14 of 14
Going through some video reviews about it I found out the follwoing one which describes the situation good enough about the Elites. I've found it hard in the beginning to watch it as you have to press the CC for the enabled subs to get the meaning but its worth it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back