Opinions on the Audioengine A5 and Swan M200MKIII
Apr 17, 2010 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

FeiJai

New Head-Fier
I am contemplating on getting one of these two speakers. They are convenient for having build in amps. I live in Canada and can't seem to find a store that carries the Swan speakers so I cannot audition them. If anyone can comment about either speakers that would be great. Thanks.

Apr 17, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #3 of 7
It's very hard to find more than a couple of opinions on the Swan M200MKIII. Let alone a comaprison between them and the A5's. In the end the overwhelming reviews of the A5's won out with me. I think alot of people looking for speakers in this price range are wondering the same thing you are.

Apr 17, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #4 of 7
I will be using them for music, movies, and gaming. I just can't seem to find a review of the Swan M200MKIII and figured maybe somebody in the forums owns one or have auditioned them.

Apr 17, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #5 of 7
There are 3 people on these forums that I know of that have them. I asked them what they thought of them and they all said the same thing. They love them.... but they never went into any detail
frown.gif

Apr 18, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #6 of 7
My Swan m200MKIII will arrive in a few days. If you want to wait, ill post a review.

May 1, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #7 of 7
I love my swan m200mkiii. Im not an audiophile but I do love my music. I listen to a variety of music from rock, r&b, hip hop, electronica and such. My other setups are PSB Alphas and Jamo E680s. For music listening I prefer my Swans either in a 2.0 or 2.1 setup. Cant really compare home theater Since the PSB and Jamos are in a 5.1 setup. The midrange and treble seem to sound better on my swans. As far as going into detail with words such as sibilance or airy I can't. I can tell the midrange is quite excellent as I've heard things in more detail then my Alpha b1 monitors. As I spend more and more time with my swans I'm starting to get into other genres of music such as classical music. These speakers are really lovely both aesthetically and musically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back