Opinions on Sony D-465
May 11, 2003 at 6:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

smjason

New Head-Fier
Just wondering what people thought of the old sony D-465 made around 95/96 (I think). It is a really cool looking player with a cover that slides over the keys instead of a hold button. Any opinions on sound or other stuff would be appriciated, thanks

jason

May 11, 2003 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 7
review here :

http://www.amptone.com/audio/d465cdpt.htm

But this surely is a outdated thing.

cd player alwaus skips......and always get **** in no time.....come on my groups discuss about flasplayers!!!

smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2003 at 7:03 AM Post #3 of 7
I bought one on eBay and I love it as it was the top model of Sony Discmans when I was 16. However, I do believe it has reliability issues mine crapped out on me after 1-2 months.

May 11, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by emptybrain
But this surely is a outdated thing.

Nope... Maybe you need to read my review sometime
wink.gif

As long as you get a mechanically sound old school player... it beats pretty much all modern units into submission
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2003 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 7
I just found it a bit bulky... and yes it does skip like crazy cuz of the 1st gen ESP even with 20 seconds... Otherwise it's pretty good, I like the hold slider!

May 11, 2003 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 7
Mines has held up for about 7 years now. As Duncan said, at the very least, it totally creams all the current day discmans.

May 12, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #7 of 7
Hi,
D-465 is very good discmans comparing to the regular crap we have now. D-465 is one of the best built unit. It has an all aluminum lid w/ gorgeous greenish backlit LCD. I believe it is one of the first Discman to features optical line out. I bought mine in 1997 but returned it to the store in favored of Panasonic SL-651C. I would rate this player as very good over all. It does everything good, but still no match to the D-777. It has no problem haning with the topend pana though.

Purk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back