Opinions on digital Pots
Feb 15, 2004 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 5
Honestly, I wouldn't bother "maxing out" a CMOY like this. CMOYs are really not worth such effort put into them. I would build a PIMETA and try a digital Pot on that....

Feb 15, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by blipblop
Honestly, I wouldn't bother "maxing out" a CMOY like this. CMOYs are really not worth such effort put into them. I would build a PIMETA and try a digital Pot on that....

I consider CMOY's a cheap testbed for new ideas before throwing them into more expensive endeavors.

The way I figure it, I'll make a lot of different configurations, get them all working, and what I don't need I'll just sell for a small profit over parts cost. Maybe even take a small loss. Really depends. I'm just playing with the idea.

If I get a digital pot working with all the kinks ironed out, that'd save a hellava lot of board space for all the mico ideas I have. :)
600smile.gif
rock on

Feb 15, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm probably going to use a digital pot for my portable amp. Of course, I'm going to be controlling my amp with a pic so it will be siginificantly easier for me to pick and choose which codes I will use. You'll obviously need extra logic to control the circuit, but a simple up/down counter would seem to do the trick for these things. I'd say go for it. You'll just need to watch the resistance values at the codes you want. Other then that, I don't see why these aren't a completely viable replacement for any analog pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back