Opinions on Auralic Altair (with a Taurus MKII)
Nov 17, 2018 at 11:01 PM Post #16 of 18
i heard that this dac got a bright treble, which is a fan of. did anyone encounter a brighter treble? from another dacs. a review from headphonic said that combining this with TH Fostex = ton of Treble. again i am fan off. just wanted to head what you think about this DAC's Treble.

thanks in advance.
When I first bought the altair it was almost unlistenable to me but it did burn in considerably. Having said that it stayed on the bright side and I wound up adding a used vega to the stack. The vega was outstanding. Well balanced, no treble fatigue.

Nov 17, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #17 of 18
When I first bought the altair it was almost unlistenable to me but it did burn in considerably. Having said that it stayed on the bright side and I wound up adding a used vega to the stack. The vega was outstanding. Well balanced, no treble fatigue.

your stack was Auralic Altair ==> Taurus mkII or you used Altair directly? with mkii, was it still retaining the bright treble?

Nov 18, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #18 of 18
your stack was Auralic Altair ==> Taurus mkII or you used Altair directly? with mkii, was it still retaining the bright treble?
Altair=>Vega=>Taurus MKII=>Utopia's Definitely top tier sound, not best in class but you'd have to spend a lot more. With used prices right now the original auralic equipment is selling for less so maybe not a bad time to pick up the matching components. I haven't seen the price of the altairs come down and I actually picked up another auralic device (aries dual femto) that I am completely happy with. I got my altair for 1250 new, you can get a taurus for 800 and a vega for 1400 so for a modest 3500 the stack would compete against 10k-15k equipment soundwise IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back