Opinions on AKG K271
Mar 24, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #16 of 23
philodox,
How much does a retermination cost? Part of the reason why I don't use my Mobius is that it came to me with a 1/4", and my iPod's headphone out is an 1/8"...

And how long is your Mobius? I've got the 2.5m one, and it's really inconvenient for me...

Mar 24, 2005 at 4:02 PM Post #17 of 23
plus c - sending you a PM

Mar 24, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 23
Hey guys, im still looking for ways to upgrade my K271. I just got this modification done.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=k271s
I'm dont know how to distinguish individual sound elements, but I can say that the sound somehow feels abit smoother and the bass is deeper now without a doubt. I took some pictures to show you guys but I have no idea how to post them.

BTW I'm looking at buying a used V.1 supermacro with 4 buttons but I just got interested on those Zu Mobius cables. How do they improve the sound? I dont carry my cans unless I fly, so portability is not a problem. I'm looking for ways to increase bass without compromising other sound characteristics.

Mar 24, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #19 of 23
I think you will find an after-market cable replacement a good upgrade for the 271s. I haven't done a comparison of the cables available for the 271, but I have the ZuMobius and I think it improves the bass, opens up more soundstage, and calms excessive highs on the 271.

The Xin SM v.1 will be a great addition too, and works well with the cable-modded 271. I have the 4-switch version and with the bass boost it's a charm.

Keep us posted as to what you decide to do, and how it all sounds.

The best...

Mar 24, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby
The Xin SM v.1 will be a great addition too, and works well with the cable-modded 271. I have the 4-switch version and with the bass boost it's a charm.

Which produce more bass? The Zu Mobius cable (as opposed to standard cable), or the SM v.1 (on standard cable)? Would you be so kind to do a tiny test for me? Thanx
lambda.gif
In the long shot, I think I will go for both, but I just cant make up my mind which to get first...

Mar 24, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #21 of 23
I would definitely go with the amp first before the cable. More bass there. There's more bang there, in my opinion. However, that being said, it would be better overall to have both the Zu and the amp.

Mar 25, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #23 of 23
Sorry about your bad luck man.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back