Opinions of which you feel think, or if you have tech facts, of which is the FASTEST IEM
Jun 17, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 17
Fastest how?

What specifically are you looking for?

Are you familiar with any earphones already, or is this a new venture?  What are your other audio experiences, some hardware used, personal preference?

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 17
the ones the cheetah is wearing... sorry, terrible joke.

The answer is Ety ER4S (imho).

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:
Fastest how?

What specifically are you looking for?

Are you familiar with any earphones already, or is this a new venture?  What are your other audio experiences, some hardware used, personal preference?

I am speaking military wise, such as where voices are of the importants, that's all I can really answer. IEM wise I think this seems to be leading to balanced-armature as being the fastest and most accurate.

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 17
BA's are fastest.  I think the CK10's are faster than the Etys' from what I have read.  I don't know why you think you need super speedy armatures for voices.  

As someone who was in the military I have no idea what you mean by military wise for IEM's.  Are you talking about communication?  As in radio comm?  If so any earphone will work.  You would want high isolation or ambient leak through depending on the environment or mission.

Jun 17, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #7 of 17
Sounds like the PFE`s to me, amazing vocal and definition but that`s about it imo, bass light and cannot be driven as hard through an amp as others.

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 17
By military wise, I assume durability is also important?

How good or bad is isolation?

How well will they have to stay in the ear?  (sitting at a desk or running around?)

What is the budget?

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

the ones the cheetah is wearing... sorry, terrible joke.

The answer is Ety ER4S (imho).

Ok great balanced armature

Quote:
those which have more drivers or least bass , i think

Ok yeah no bass

Quote:
BA's are fastest.  I think the CK10's are faster than the Etys' from what I have read.  I don't know why you think you need super speedy armatures for voices.  

As someone who was in the military I have no idea what you mean by military wise for IEM's.  Are you talking about communication?  As in radio comm?  If so any earphone will work.  You would want high isolation or ambient leak through depending on the environment or mission.

Spaceships err I mean Rocketships I mean helicopters, yeah communication.

Quote:
Sounds like the PFE`s to me, amazing vocal and definition but that`s about it imo, bass light and cannot be driven as hard through an amp as others.

Amps sound heavy to me, IEM that don't need an amp?

Quote:
By military wise, I assume durability is also important?

How good or bad is isolation?

How well will they have to stay in the ear?  (sitting at a desk or running around?)

What is the budget?

unbreakable maybe, sooner it not be metal, Perfect isolation, High movements in some situation, buget cheap and effective.

Ok thank you everybody for the help.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #11 of 17
I'm assuming that the CK10's would be some of the fastest IEM's on the market today. I have their odd cousin the CK90 Pros, and while they are very punchy with the bass they are so fast that they actually have not enough decay to sound natural on any instruments that are naturally sonerous - ie cellos or piano.

Jun 17, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:
I'm assuming that the CK10's would be some of the fastest IEM's on the market today. I have their odd cousin the CK90 Pros, and while they are very punchy with the bass they are so fast that they actually have not enough decay to sound natural on any instruments that are naturally sonerous - ie cellos or piano.

This is true for all three Audio-Technica IEMs. I would say the CK90Pro and CK10 are equally fast and the CK100 is not far behind. The CK10/CK90Pro are the fastest earphones I've personally tried.

Jun 17, 2010 at 10:12 PM Post #15 of 17

Quote:
Quote:

This is true for all three Audio-Technica IEMs. I would say the CK90Pro and CK10 are equally fast and the CK100 is not far behind. The CK10/CK90Pro are the fastest earphones I've personally tried.

You should really check out this guy's massive thread, you'll find all the info on IEM's you'll ever need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back