Opinions anyone? Quite urgent...
Mar 26, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #2 of 11
I can't answer for those specific headphones, and question whether either would benefit in sq from having an amp at all (louder doesn't equal better), but the mini^3 is one of the best bang for the buck amps around, competing favorably with many I've heard at higher price points. You might want to ask the current owners of the minis what the gain is on each unit. I've never heard a GoVibe6, but didn't like the GoVibe5 much at all.

Mar 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #4 of 11
Just from comparing the circuits I'm betting the Mini^3 absolutely demolishes the PA2v2.

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 11
I'm thinking that would depend on how the Mini^3 is cased. The PA2v2 is in a plastic enclosure, so it'll be lighter than an aluminum-cased Mini^3, though probably not by much.

Mar 27, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #9 of 11
From reading Xin's site, he claims that the KSC35/75 is better amped when used with an Ety P to S adapter. I wouldn't really know personally, since I strongly dislike the sound signature of that particular driver and have never bothered to tinker with it.

Mar 27, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #10 of 11
I own a PA2V2 (first amp I ever owned) a Go-Vibe 6 and a Mini-3 High performance version with the AD 8397's. The mini^3 is the best of the three in power and clarity, although the Go-Vibe 6 is decent, but not as detailed as the Mini3. The PA2V2 is nice, but not in the same league in terms of power and detailed presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back