Opinions and feedback on the setup I will shortly have (Fiio X3)
Nov 18, 2014 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ryan composer1

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am passionate about the best possible sound quality I can get on a very small budget (I am a new father!).

Sound quality is crucial to my enjoyment of music. I only listen to music in the comfort of my own home (I dislike music on the move).

I like sound that is full and rich and that is enveloping to listen too.

I currently have Sennheiser HD555 headphones (unmodded) and like them very much for their sound quality even though I'm aware that they are not high end.

I also have RHA MA750 IEM's which I am not enjoying very much - partly because I am not used to having things in my ears and I find the sound a bit fatiguing and thin.

I am getting the Fiio X3 for christmas and cant wait and will mostly be listening to Prog Rock (generally quite busy musical textures) and classical.

I am currently listening to my music as mp3's on my samsung galaxy s5. I will be loading the X3 with flac files.

I just wanted any feedback on if you think I have a decent set up for my requirements (listening at home where sound leakage is not an issue etc).

Also, I was thinking Dark Side of the Moon in flac would be a good album to put the X3 through it's paces?

I want to be blown away by the sound quality - I hope I will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back