opinion on this soundcard?
Mar 19, 2004 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Chivalry

100+ Head-Fier
hiya.. im after a nerw soundcard to replace my onboard soundstorm.... im sick of all the pops and hiss i get,, let alone the problemsduring gaming... so i decided to get a PCI soundcard.... found this at a good price but all the numbers mean nothing to me....... i was hoping someone might have experiance with it ir know if its any good.... thnx alot
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.gainward.com/c-3_71Soundcard.html

Mar 19, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 12
A recently popular option is the Chaintech AV 710. Some other low cost options that have good gaming compatibility include the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, Audigy LS, and maybe the Audigy 2 OEM.

I've heard that the M-Audio Revo is only $80 someplace but not sure where.

Mar 19, 2004 at 2:36 AM Post #3 of 12
Definitely replace the soundstorm. If you need to use the soundstorm right now, muting the microphone and turning its boost gain off may alleviate some of the static.

Mar 19, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 12
Interesting, I never got any hiss pops or clicks out of my soundstorm. I would say that I've had more problems than ever since getting my revo, but it was a gift, so............

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #5 of 12
this Gainward looks identical to the Chaintech one.. I'm sure this board is VIA's reference board and will or is produced in one factory under lots of brands.. get the cheapest one then
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:12 PM Post #6 of 12
i cant find any info in the gainward card.... maybe its in the downloadable manual? maybe it would say which chips and stuff is on it?.... is a possibility of a revo 7.1 for £50 atm.... so im trying for that. but if that dont come off i dunno ;/

Mar 21, 2004 at 1:30 AM Post #7 of 12
no one mamaged to find anything else oout about this card? :0(

seems the audio processor is a VIA Envy 24 HT-s ?? anyone got any info on this?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 12
Apparently (according to the AVS Forum thread), the Gainward uses inferior DACs than the AV710.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back