Opeth meets the Andra IIs.
Jun 9, 2006 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Sleestack

Headphoneus Supremus
The 5 Andra II setup. Each Andra II is being run fullrange and is being bi-amped with a TACT BOZ 216/2200 blade. I'm using 12 order Butterworth crossovers at 135Hz for each of the Andra IIs via the BOZ 216. TCS MKII handles room correction and the ADC6 handles SACD/DVD-A.

Resized_Picture004.jpg

Jun 9, 2006 at 7:42 PM Post #2 of 18
I dont know what any of that means or what any of that equipment is...but its blowing my mind cause it looks awesome
tongue.gif

Thats a great DVD...Opeth kicks ass

Jun 9, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #3 of 18
Looks beautiful! Just add some Tool to the mix and you've got pure magic.
icon10.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 18
WOW!
eek.gif
That is one SWEEEEEEET set-up man.

So, you're using that center speaker as a center channel? It actually never occurred to me to use a whole normal speaker in that position. What do you have for surrounds?

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #5 of 18
EDIT: Wait a minute, are you telling me you have TWO MORE Andras as *surrounds*? I'm appalled! (and insanely jealous)
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
WOW!
eek.gif
That is one SWEEEEEEET set-up man.

So, you're using that center speaker as a center channel? It actually never occurred to me to use a whole normal speaker in that position. What do you have for surrounds?

I think he's using Andra II's for the rear as well. Am I right?

And using a speaker as a center channel is a great idea that I've seen done a few time. Does wonders for imaging.

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 18
Yeah, as you can see from my post above, I just figured that out. Unbelievable. Man I bet that sounds pretty incredible.
basshead.gif

Jun 9, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #8 of 18
Yes 5 Andra IIs, each bi-amped. I put the setup together with 5.1 music in mind.

Jun 9, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
Yeah, as you can see from my post above, I just figured that out. Unbelievable. Man I bet that sounds pretty incredible.
basshead.gif

Listening to Porc. Tree's "In Absentia" in 5.1 right now. Until I went to 5 Andra II's I never realized how much bass was supposed to be coming through those rears. It sounds like you are sitting in a gigantic perfect headphone, with the bass is pulsing in the whole room (yet incredibly, with complete control).

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #12 of 18
Now that's one helluva setup
eek.gif

I bow for your music tastes as well. Glad to see top of the line equipment used with quality piece of art
icon10.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikechai
Ok I admit my jaw dropped looking at your setup.
orphsmile.gif
orphsmile.gif

Don't tell me you also have the Egglestonworks Ivy for stereo? :heartattack:

No, currently using Epiphany 12-12s and TACT w210 corner load subs. But the 12-12s, are currently being swapped out for the larger 20-21s (pictured oon the right).
Resized_DSC00879.jpg
20-21_col5-7row4.jpg

Jun 12, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by lator
Now that's one helluva setup
eek.gif

I bow for your music tastes as well. Glad to see top of the line equipment used with quality piece of art
icon10.gif

The 12" drivers on the Andra IIs love the double bass drums you hear so often on Opeth tunes.

Jun 15, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #15 of 18
12th order? That seems crazy steep to me. Have you experimented with other configurations. What sub are you using?

One more question: all that aweomse audio stuff and such a tiny TV? A big projection screen would top things off nicely.

Besides that, looks awesome! You never fail to dissapoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back