Opera browser on the Wii
Dec 22, 2006 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

MikeB06

500+ Head-Fier
So I am posting this on my Wii. Not a big deal
tongue.gif
. So if you have a wii, check out the wii shop channel and download the internet free trial. The regular version will be free for a limited time when it comes out too. It's working pretty well so far- youtube, gmail and headfi all work great so far. Now i'm off to wiicade.com
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 14
that's pretty cool. how do you type? it must take awhile if you are pointing and clicking each letter.

Dec 23, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #4 of 14
Typing does take a while as you do point and click at each letter, however, it does have predictive text which cuts down the typing of some words as it displays multiple options for each word you type above the on-screen keyboard. However, I doubt I'll be typing much on the Wii, I'll use it more for YouTube and other video sites as well as flash games, since I have my computer in the same room as my Wii. And no, you cannot put Firefox on the Wii. Currently Opera is the only provider developing the web browser for the Wii.

Dec 23, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #5 of 14
Just had to check it out myself, not as awkward as I first thought. Doesn't hold a flame to the good old keyboard though.

Is there anyway to zoom ?

I can feel some eyestrain coming on if I can't zoom it in.

I'm glad we actually got it at the same time. Forecast channel is pretty handy imo.

Anyway this all I can be bothered 'typing'.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: Zoom is + and -, silly me.

Dec 23, 2006 at 2:18 PM Post #7 of 14
No, the 360 can't (yet, anyway). The PS3 and the Wii both have a browser, so I'm sure it's a matter of time before Microsoft gets one up and running too.

Dec 23, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #9 of 14
Not yet no.

Dec 23, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can the wii play dvds yet?

LOL. Hater.
tongue.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #11 of 14
The full version will be released and will be free to download (if I remember correctly) on July 2007.

Also, I think they'll release a keyboard for it soon enough at this rate...
Or allow you to use your keyboard via USB in the back.

Dec 23, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjattwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the 360 can't (yet, anyway). The PS3 and the Wii both have a browser, so I'm sure it's a matter of time before Microsoft gets one up and running too.

Internet Explorer.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Internet Explorer.
rolleyes.gif

Better than nothing I guess
rolleyes.gif

Dec 24, 2006 at 12:30 AM Post #14 of 14
better than nothing, until your xbox is invaded by bonzi buddy and your frame rate chugs to a halt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back