Opera 10 Alpha Fresh off the Press!
Dec 5, 2008 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Planar_head

500+ Head-Fier
Desktop Team - by Opera Desktop Team

Ah, I've been waiting for this (for no particular reason)! So far I'm liking it. It's playing Pandora right now. I'm not posting from it because I forgot my password to Head-Fi!
redface.gif

I think its faster than Chrome, in general!

So far, impressed with the speed, and still with the classic Opera adjustability.

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 10
Hey, cool! Never been an opera fan before (I tired using it), but this is nice!

update: Lol I was just thinking I probably wont use it because I am so used to mouse gestures in FF and I accidentally (habit) did one in opera- and it worked!
smily_headphones1.gif

How customizable is this thing?

Edit: wow, opera is feature packed. And not unless features- but really great stuff.
It's main downfall though is that the panels take up too much screen real estate.

Dec 5, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 10
Very nice! First Opera time user, but I'll be trying this out instead of ff and so far, I like it. The widgets are a nice touch, especially because I get interested in small little things like that!

Dec 5, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #6 of 10
It is.
smily_headphones1.gif

I ran into a few problems though. When I installed this on my Mac, it didn't give me an option as a separate install from my previous version and when I opened it, all my past tabs, bookmarks, notes, wand cookies, past settings, speed dial marks are gone. Totally wiped clean.
frown.gif

Good thing I periodically save my bookmarks so at least that is remedied.

So old Opera users, please take backup precautions before upgrading.

Dec 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks for the heads up.
Have not used Opera since version 4. I will give it a go, to see how I like it...

Dec 5, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #8 of 10
Opera is nice. Switched from FF a couple of years ago. The 10 looks promising.

Dec 6, 2008 at 7:48 AM Post #9 of 10
I love this thing. Tons of features without searching enlessly for plugins and even with all the right plugins FF still has less to offer. It reallly goes to show you that Microsoft is asking way too much for too little. IE?, no way hoze A!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back