openmg/MZN1 silent track problem?!?
Dec 4, 2002 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ewok

Head-Fier
Just made a playlist from mp3's of 21 songs, recorded them in lp2 and tried to play, 3 of the songs are just completely silent. tried the atrac thats on the hdd and it plays fine. deleted the ones on the md and transferred those 3 again, same thing, total silence. yet the other 18 tracks worked fine, and the atrac on the hdd works fine. so wot the hell is wrong with this thing?

i dont even know if its this total **** software or the md itself. this is the first md ive tried to write with it, good start.

its also not saving the artist names only the song titles which is rather irritating after i went and typed all the artist names in nicely.

Dec 4, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 10
that happens to a few of my 256k mp3s. just convert them to a wav temporarily and import the wav into openmg and your n1.

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for that tip. I was wondering why that happened sometimes, but it's not 'just' convert to a WAV...etc is it? It's quicker to use my deck it seems most of the time
mad.gif

What about if tracks fail to translate in OpenMG altogether (i.e. before they're transferred to MD)?
And also does anyone know if the software has been significantly improved (i.e. works) for the new MZ-N10 and whether I can use that software on my N707? Or is there a good excuse to upgrade my Sharp MD-MT888 to an N10? I always like Sharps better than Sony for recorders so OpenMG that works would be the only reason for changing.

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:32 AM Post #4 of 10
2 of the mp3's were 320, one was 256. isnt the entire point of this software and net md in the first place, that it can just grab some files and transfer them without you having to piss about? well done sony great job.

converted them to wav before importing and they do now work but theres nothing wrong with the mp3s so it should work anyway. and thats with the latest 2.2.1.0.08020 build of openmg.

on another note does anyone know of any OTHER software thatll do the job of converting/transferring mp3s to the md instead of this openmg crap? im sure i heard something about some that will.

Dec 5, 2002 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 10
i hate realone with or without spyware so im not touching it.

sonicstage 1.5 also does it so im trying to find that but its a 92mb download so isnt exactly available everywhere.

Dec 5, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 10
you can do the Nero/SimpleBurner trick. you should have a program with called Sony Simpleburner. Basically what it does is it allows you to dump a CD directly to your MD. All you have to do is insert the cd into your cdrom drive, start SB, and hit convert>. minutes later, the cd is perfectly recorded onto the MD.

so what? that doesnt help you right? oh but it does. several software packages are able to make a virtual cdrom drive. in other words, you will have an extra drive show up under "my computer", an extra "650mb" cdrom drive. Ahead's Nero, since it's such a popular program, is the one most people use. All you have to do is create an audio cd as if you were burning a cd, but instead of actualy burning it, write it to a file on your hard drive and load it into the "virtual cdrom" drive. then, simpleburner will transfer all your songs over, thinking that it's transferring off a physical cd. makes sense? www.minidisct.com 's forums may include more coherent instructions. good luck

oh btw. lots of people have had better luck with SonicStage, but it takes up more resources.

Dec 5, 2002 at 10:24 AM Post #8 of 10
I worked it out for myself when I was trying to get my head around Simple Burner and why it wouldn't access CDDB track names (ultimate reason: Network cable unplugged on the music store PC
rolleyes.gif
). But it's far too much hassle, I'm never going to bother with that.
Sonicstage for me I think. I wonder if the C1MHP I've got on order has it?

Dec 5, 2002 at 12:45 PM Post #9 of 10
yeh i read about that simpleburner but that kinda defeats the entire point of having a netmd in the first place, quick and simple to dump some music onto your md.

ill get sonicstage 1.5 if i can find it but all the links are broken. resources dont matter to me on a 2ghz xp with 512mb and its not like im gonna be having the program run when im not using it to record stuff so as long as its better than this openmg crap itll have to do.

Dec 5, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 10
Check Kazaa, since the t-station had to take down sonicstage yesterday (100 GB of bandwith in 4 days), a few members on the board have said they would put ss up on kazaa.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back