Opening Sennheiser PX200
Oct 30, 2007 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SLUSHIE

Head-Fier
I bought some Sennheisers off ebay and I think they have been tampered with. How do I go about opening them up to check? I have a cheap pair of koss headphones and the quality of them seems to be better.

Nevermind... they seem legit, I was just overwhelmed about how much more bass the Koss headphones have.

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #2 of 4
I hear a lot about fake PX200s on ebay. Actually I hear a lot about fake PX100 too.

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 4
If you're talking about build quality though, the PX200 should have excellent build quality. If it doesn't, it's probably a fake.

If it's not... Burn in your PX200. My PMX200 (same thing but with a neckband) started sounding really good after roughly 80 hours (I didn't listen at intervals though, just listened after 80 hours and they sounded better). You're not going to get much bass, unless you can get a really good seal with the pads, which is the main problem. Then again there's eq and bass boost... I love the mids though, the tonality of which are better than any other headphones I own at the moment. Voices sound so good and natural.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back