opening a dt880...
Feb 16, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasyrkh
Can anyone explain how to open the pads of the dt880, or post a link? thanks

To pull them off, you mean? You just grab it firmly on one side, and lift. It's got like a plastic band that is sort of "shrunk" around the black plastic cup. They can be a pain to put back on, just to warn you!

Feb 16, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
To pull them off, you mean? You just grab it firmly on one side, and lift. It's got like a plastic band that is sort of "shrunk" around the black plastic cup. They can be a pain to put back on, just to warn you!

thanks, maybe it's better leave them be

Feb 16, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blasyrkh
thanks, maybe it's better leave them be

They're certainly replacable, but if you pull them on and off too many times I believe the plastic that holds them on (it's a little stretchy) will lose its shape.

Feb 16, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 9
its not terribly difficult. if you need pictures Kramer did a guide a while back to open a DT770, they're pretty much the same.

pull of the pads, just pinch a sopt and pull, slowly work your way around until the entire pad is loose. new you'll see a foam sheet covering the driver and a plastic ring holding it in place, grab a small flat head jewelers screw driver. there's a notch at the top ot the ring, stick the screw driver in therre and you can pry the plasetic ring off. (Do not put too much pressure, you risk damaging the driver with your hands) eventually it will pop off, when it does you'll see the white circle... thats the driver. if you carefully tip the headphone it should fall out into your hand and you can see where the wire connects.

like I said Kramers thread has pic's.... he's a god when it comes to stuff liek this

Feb 17, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #8 of 9
oops I forgot to post the link
eek.gif

here you go: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ight=DT770+mod

its for the DT770 but the same holds true for the DT880

Users who are viewing this thread

Back