Openess HD650
Jul 26, 2005 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

smooth_boarder

Head-Fier
I am wondering if people can give me some advice on headphone cables. Personally, I feel 325's have more of an open sound stage... more detailed in the high end. I love the 650's smoothness, intimacy and the lows. I am wondering if I can make the 650 sound more open by using different cables, and if so, what would you recommend? Thanks.

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 8
I really think the Zu Mobius cable adds detail and openness to the sound. Source can also affect the sense of openness as well.

You might try and go to cables forum and do a search on "HD650 replacement cable". There have a been a great number of excellent threads on this topic and I think you will find the information you are looking for.

dshea

Jul 26, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 8
You -really- want to look into the Moon Audio Blue Dragon II cable, if you enjoy the stock cable's sound but you want a MUCH bigger soundstage and improved sound overall.

Jul 26, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #6 of 8
I originally purchased a second hand Equinox cable and found it did make some improvement, but then the itch struck and I decided to order a Zu Mobius -- Zu Cable had a 30 day guarantee so if you didn't like it you could return it. I found it really opened the sound up, but I don't think I ever found the HD650 particularly claustrophobic anyway. It just seemed to add a little sparkle and shine.

Either way, most cable sellers offer trial periods of sorts so you could always try getting one or two, try them and send back the one you don't like! My personal recommendation would definitely be the Zu Mobius though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #7 of 8
I have both Blue and Silver Dragon... the Silver is more open and more refined, as well as more flexible. It almost makes the Senns, well, bright.

Jul 26, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 8
THANKS! I will look into all those options. I will report back my findings if I decide to go with one of the cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back