Open sound, big bass, bullet style IEM that is easy to drive.
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

HerrXRDS

100+ Head-Fier
Help me find an easy to drive IEM , bullet style preferably, to use it on the go, mostly with my Switch. Needs open and large sound, big bass, good treble extension without being tiring. Sound as neutral as possible with elevated bass. The E4000 and E5000 would be great but on my Switch with the volume maxed out they are too quiet as they are really hard to drive. The Moondrop Crescent are good too but I want something with a little more bass and larger sound. Sony N3 were really close but I sold them and I feel like the sound was still too closed in. I'm not necessarily looking for something with great technical capabilities, something disposable under $100 would do.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #2 of 12
You might want to give an IT01 a listen and see what you think. Pretty solid bass extension and presence. It is v-shaped but inoffensive. Maybe worth a look-see in your price range. Easy to drive even on my little Shuffle.

Apr 11, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 12
Echobox Finder X1 good stage and decent bass can be a bit bright but have three tuning nozzles to adjust and I like foam tips with them . There is also the 1More Triples and Quads they have decent bass and stage and not very bright.

Apr 11, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 12
If you can find a Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition, that might work for you as well. Pretty good bass extension on a pretty solid IEM.

I have two of those, at least what's left of them after they fell appart, along with a bunch of broken VSD5, VSD3 and some other Vsonics. I've sworn not to buy another Vsonic again after I've looked at the pile of boxes and realized I could've bought an Andromeda instead. Loved their sound but them POS kept breaking.

I just ordered a MDR XB50 to try it out as I never heard it. I also found the XB90EX for $80 on eBay but I'm affraid it's fake at that price. Anything else from JVC, ATH, Sony that might fit the bill?

Apr 11, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #7 of 12
I have two of those, at least what's left of them after they fell appart, along with a bunch of broken VSD5, VSD3 and some other Vsonics. I've sworn not to buy another Vsonic again after I've looked at the pile of boxes and realized I could've bought an Andromeda instead. Loved their sound but them POS kept breaking.

I just ordered a MDR XB50 to try it out as I never heard it. I also found the XB90EX for $80 on eBay but I'm affraid it's fake at that price. Anything else from JVC, ATH, Sony that might fit the bill?
Sorry you had a bad experience or five with Vsonic--I don't think I had heard that before (maybe I forgot??). Thanks for the info. Maybe one of the SONYs will work for you. That is a good price for the XB90EX--maybe too good. Currently $299.99 on amazon :frowning2:. I don't have any experience really with any of the AT or JVC's, except that there is supposed to be a giant killer in the JVC line at or roughly around the $100-$150 level (don't hold me to that number, it is an educated guess based on remembering other older threads). You might do some digging on JVC. Sorry I don't remember the model number. It has some serious fans here on Head-fi. Maybe one will come along and help out. Or, you could start a new thread ? Good luck. :)

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #10 of 12
I couldn't recommend the EPH-100 by Yamaha highly enough, and it matches just what you are looking for. They ended my IEM search - fantastic if you like EDM or modern stuff. They have excellent separation, a punchy bass kick and are tons of fun to listen to. Extremely easy to drive and cheap too.

I like them so much I have two pairs.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #11 of 12
I couldn't recommend the EPH-100 by Yamaha highly enough, and it matches just what you are looking for. They ended my IEM search - fantastic if you like EDM or modern stuff. They have excellent separation, a punchy bass kick and are tons of fun to listen to. Extremely easy to drive and cheap too.

I like them so much I have two pairs.

Thanks. I had those on my short list for a while, maybe it's time to try them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back