open or closed headphones for gaming?
Oct 29, 2004 at 5:09 PM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by fritzdevil11
Hey Blitzzz,

If you are going to pick up a pair of AT's while you are in Japan make sure you buy them in the Akihabara district. The area is known as "Electric Town". There are 100's of shops that sell everything and more you will ever need from an electronics standpoint. The deals on audio equipment are great as well. I picked up my A500's for $89 (9500 Yen) and if you are a foreigner bring your passport as many stores will refend your tax if you show that you aren't a citizen. Also, the place where I bought my cans had a listening station of over 50 headphones and there are many other's that have larger sections as well.

I've been here in Japan for 4 weeks (1 more to go) now so if you need any info let me know and we can get in touch by email.

Sorry, didn't mean to thread-jack btw
wink.gif

Cool thanks a lot man. I'm leaving on the 6th so you'd probably be gone by then. I will only have 1 weekend in Tokyo but I will definatly check out Akihabara. Didn't know about the tax tip, that will come in handy
icon10.gif

One question about the A500...do they have a lot of bass? enough to feel explosions?

Oct 29, 2004 at 6:43 PM Post #32 of 32
sigh...too bad I wasn't an active member until now. I stayed there for a week last winter and did the usual sight-seeing junk. While I did visit Akihibara, I was there for digi cams (and ended up not buying one -_-). Man, oh man, is hindsight a bitch =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back