Open headphones & Senn HD429
May 15, 2015 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Obery

New Head-Fier
Hello.

New here, so I hope this is the right place where I can get some novice-friendly advice.
I'm looking for budget open back headphones (for movies, games, casual music). Reading through previous threads here I have gathered that Sennheiser HD429 are open back, but I have also heard that they aren't exactly "airy". They fit rather nicely in my budget + I happen to think they don't look disgusting, which is not something that can be said about every headphone in this price range. So my questions are...

1) Are the 429's open? Am I aware of my surroundings when I wear them?
2) Are Pioneer SE A-1000 a worthwhile upgrade? People say they're very open and supposedly pretty good sounding as well, but where I live they're around 30 eur more (around 80).
3) Any other suggestions? Used is not really an option and I'd prefer an over-ear set of headphones.

Thank you in advance.

May 15, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 4
DH518 used like new $55.49 They will be new just no retail box. Factory authorized full 2 yr warrant.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0042A68R8/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A134C7TMP2R0RJ

May 15, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 4
I live in eastern europe, and HD518's are out of my price range - even used, when you factor in shipping / import tax.
What about the Pioneer's? Is there some truth to the hype?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back