Open Headphones for PC and TV
Dec 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Tastyrabbit

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm interested in getting recommendations on a pair of headphones that will best meet my needs. I will be using them for:

Music - I listen to everything from Paganini, Chopin, Electric Guitar (Paul Gilbert etc), Rock, Alt Rock, Dubstep - pretty much everything!
Gaming - I play FPS games a lot - so I believe Open Headphones will be better.
TV (and Film) - I own a 4K TV. I'd like to have a system I can use on both PC and TV. 

I know it is a tall order asking to meet such varied demands, but does anyone know of headphones that offer decent performance across all things. I'm looking for a Jack of all trades, with near mastery in all.

My budget is anywhere up to $1000. 

I'm in the UK, so some headphones aren't available to us.

I have been reading some reviews, but I'd rather not bias the replies... I intend to drive the headphones with perhaps a Creative E5 or something similar. 

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #6 of 9
This is getting more and more complicated.

I read the article you linked to - thanks - it was quite a read.

I think I'm going to buy the Beyerdynamic T90s.

I thinking of getting these because they're nearly the same as the T1s but a bit more lively and slightly less analytical. 

I don't produce music, so I guess they'll work nicely.

My Panasonic HTF600s have been great, but I think its time to get a proper replacement.

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 9
  Thanks, I'm thinking of getting the T1, would you recommend it over the Audeze LCD-2

Yes--the T1's sound stage and general comfort (for most) for longer sessions is significantly superior.  The T1 is a superior all arrounder.  While the "Price of Darkness" LCD-2 is excellent at what it does, it does not fit your stated uses and desires as well.

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #8 of 9
  This is getting more and more complicated.

I read the article you linked to - thanks - it was quite a read.

I think I'm going to buy the Beyerdynamic T90s.

I thinking of getting these because they're nearly the same as the T1s but a bit more lively and slightly less analytical. 

I don't produce music, so I guess they'll work nicely.

My Panasonic HTF600s have been great, but I think its time to get a proper replacement.

No--they are inferior to the T1.

If you want to rerack and look at a lower price point, you should probably reopen the discussion completely.

Dec 9, 2014 at 6:12 PM Post #9 of 9

No--they are inferior to the T1.

If you want to rerack and look at a lower price point, you should probably reopen the discussion completely.

Thanks,

I'll take your word the T1s are better!!!

I guess there's little point in climbing the mountain of top end headphones, and not scaling the last peak. If I buy the flagship at least I'll never think I should have gone for a lesser model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back