Open headphones for < 400€
May 6, 2014 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sekundaattori

New Head-Fier
Hello,

so as the title suggests, I'm looking for open headphones that are priced at under 400€ (550 USD). At the time being I own the AKG K550's, though I don't like them at all. There's some kind of upper mid spike that makes some of the drum sounds really painful. At times it sounds to me like someone is firing a gun right next to my ear. I had a chance to listen to my friend's Sennheiser HD598's and I didn't experience the same problem with those headphones. 

Comfort is probably my top priority, I want to be able to wear my headphones for long periods of time, as this is not possible with my current K550's. I would like the sound signature to be a little relaxed if that makes any sense. Also, I want the headphones to have big soundstage. I liked the Sennheiser HD598's sound quite a bit, but I wonder if they share the same sound signature with Sennheiser's more expensive models like HD600/650/700? 

I listen to mostly bands like Pink Floyd and Dire Straits, so kind of not-so-fast rock music. I have an Audioengine D1 as a source.

All help is much appreciated! :)

May 6, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 4
I think 600/650 could be good 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back