Open headphones against in ears
Oct 23, 2017 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Womaz

1000+ Head-Fier
I am considering a new set of in ears and would really appreciate any guidance.

I currently own the CA Lyra2 and they are excellent at what they do. I have recently bought an IBasso DX200 and for portable use the Lyra 2 will be used.

At home I have my main rig and I will not use the DX200 that much, however when I use it with the HE1000 headphones it really sounds amazing.

The question is can I get any closer to this sound with in ears or is that just impossible.

The HE1000 just hits every spot for me, great bass, sweet treble and no sibilance or brightness. The one thing that is clearly different is it has a much fuller sound.

My only slight moan about the Lyra 2 is that they ay times can be a bit bright. Unfortunately I cant get to demo any items so I rely on these forums to point me in the right direction.

Can I get close to the HE1000 sound with in ears or is it just a drawback of in ears?

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #2 of 12
I am considering a new set of in ears and would really appreciate any guidance.

I currently own the CA Lyra2 and they are excellent at what they do. I have recently bought an IBasso DX200 and for portable use the Lyra 2 will be used.

At home I have my main rig and I will not use the DX200 that much, however when I use it with the HE1000 headphones it really sounds amazing.

The question is can I get any closer to this sound with in ears or is that just impossible.

The HE1000 just hits every spot for me, great bass, sweet treble and no sibilance or brightness. The one thing that is clearly different is it has a much fuller sound.

My only slight moan about the Lyra 2 is that they ay times can be a bit bright. Unfortunately I cant get to demo any items so I rely on these forums to point me in the right direction.

Can I get close to the HE1000 sound with in ears or is it just a drawback of in ears?
In ears really won't be able to match the sound of great open backs like that. Perhaps you can find one with a similar sound signature but in terms of overall listening experience, they can't compare. If there did exist some IEM that could compete, it would be much more expensive than the HE1000 because it would have to fit so much tech into a tiny area which would require an ungodly amount of R&D

Oct 23, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 12
Thanks for the reply. It’s funny as my main rig cost a small fortune but the DX200 and HE1000 combo is pretty awesome .

Oct 23, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #6 of 12
Womaz you have nice collection, it have to be like in disneyland in your home, quality speaker system, quality headphone system :D what to wish more aa better IEMs :D

I also love HE1000. Very hard to imagine that IEM could get on this level.
Anyway I like some things from IEM there is definitely interesting accuracy texture localization it is nicely different from full size headphone but from my limited experiences (JH13, Jupiter) I also prefer quality full size headphone it is noticeable better as regards natural real airy sound etc..

I know there are some people which prefer IEM over fullsize headphone but often you do not know what is their real experience.

I think you could try at least Andromeda. If I would not own speaker system I would like to have HEKv2 and Andromeda, both great in their own ways.

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #8 of 12
No, lcd i4

Yes I have just looked at this. I think for the little time I will use my in ears its a lot of cash.......but I have thought that before :grinning:

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #9 of 12
Womaz you have nice collection, it have to be like in disneyland in your home, quality speaker system, quality headphone system :D what to wish more aa better IEMs :D

I also love HE1000. Very hard to imagine that IEM could get on this level.
Anyway I like some things from IEM there is definitely interesting accuracy texture localization it is nicely different from full size headphone but from my limited experiences (JH13, Jupiter) I also prefer quality full size headphone it is noticeable better as regards natural real airy sound etc..

I know there are some people which prefer IEM over fullsize headphone but often you do not know what is their real experience.

I think you could try at least Andromeda. If I would not own speaker system I would like to have HEKv2 and Andromeda, both great in their own ways.

Yes thank you I am indeed lucky enough to have some great set ups. Spent far too much money of course but it is my vice I guess.
I have considered the Andromeda, but I cant demo and a lot of people seem to have a lot of issues with the fit so I am reluctant I guess.
The Vega also an option, but after a lot of reading I dont think it will give me a great deal more than the Lyra 2.
I will keep looking but will probably do nothing. The new hifiman IEM at 2k would probably suit my tastes but again that is a lot of cash.I have also been doing a lot of reading on the 64 Audio products.

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #10 of 12
The 64 Audio U6 with M15 module is pretty good, with nice full and impactful lows, a detailed midrange and highs that are not bright in the slightest but are well detailed. They sounded a little dark when I first listened to mine, but after a while the details shine through and they are just a really easy and pleasing to listen to IEM.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #11 of 12
The 64 Audio U6 with M15 module is pretty good, with nice full and impactful lows, a detailed midrange and highs that are not bright in the slightest but are well detailed. They sounded a little dark when I first listened to mine, but after a while the details shine through and they are just a really easy and pleasing to listen to IEM.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have been reading a lot about 64 Audio products. I guess I am not sure how much of a step up any option will be over the Lyra 2, and as I am unable to audition I may resort to buying second hand off here and then I could always resell with a little loss if needed

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #12 of 12
As I typed the above message I note a Head Fi member has a 64 Audio U12 for sale ...............:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back