Open Headphone on Bus = EEK!?
Sep 13, 2001 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

coolvij

Board geriatric
Today, I was trying out some Flents Ear Plugs that I had purchased for an UPCOMING purchase (koss plugs) that I had been contemplating.

I think I need at least the Plugs for on the bus......I just realized how loud my KSC-35s have been........on the bus. Horrifying, it was.

I put the Flents Quiet Please! ear plugs in - and put on the KSC-35s, powered by MD - and I could hear CLEARLY!!!

OMIGOSH.....I am done listening on the bus till I get some closed canalphones.......

phew.....I feel so relieved that I noticed this, before I seriously damaged my ears.

Just thought I'd share.....

- coolvij :>)

Sep 13, 2001 at 4:39 AM Post #5 of 13
I remember onix describing that same thing, using earplugs along with regular headphones. must work...

Sep 13, 2001 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 13
coolvij,
don't get "the plug". it sucks (i know, i bought one).

if you don't have cash for the etys, try the sony mdr ex70 or mdr v6. i use both on the bus every day (the v6 for years now) and they are the best choice imho for cost, convenience, isolation, and sound quality.

Sep 13, 2001 at 7:42 PM Post #7 of 13
Well, right now, I've got a lot of chych's stuff
biggrin.gif

including his EX70s - which I don't particularly like. I'm thinking of getting the Plugs - and doing all the CMOY mods, including replacing the included plugs with normal ear plugs, if necessary.

Or maybe I *will* just get EX70s....I mean, the sound quality isn't of extremely high concern on a bus.

Sep 13, 2001 at 8:38 PM Post #8 of 13
and for just *a little* more money you could get the v6!
wink.gif
on the bus the ex70 actually has more bass present than the v6, as the v6 bass tends to be overshadowed by the bus engine. something about the ex70 (proximity to the eardrum? better isolation?) tends to make their bass more audible than the v6 on the bus.

Quote:

Or maybe I *will* just get EX70s....I mean, the sound quality isn't of extremely high concern on a bus.

if sound quality isn't a concern go right ahead and get the plug. BLECH! i can't imagine anyone prefering the plug over the ex70, but then again everyone has different tastes, sources, biases, etc.

Sep 14, 2001 at 2:54 AM Post #9 of 13
redshifter: come on, man - I said sound quality isn't of great concern. That doesn't mean I want "blech"-like sound! I mean, why else would I have bought 888s - when I could've had Jensen!?
mad.gif
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I think I may go ahead and get the EX70s.....they sure do look purdy
biggrin.gif

About the V6: I am half-afraid of these phones. Will they outclass my 495s in detail? If so - I don't want that. My next main headphone upgrade will be leaps/bounds type thing (Etys, HD600, SR325, Beyer 770, etc.).

At this point, I'm leaning towards saving up - upgrading MUSIC COLLECTION first and foremost, secondly my source, and THEN - GOOD headphones
biggrin.gif

So, I don't want another "equally" good headphone, or something that is better, but not by much.

That's why I was looking at the Plug - with cmoys newest mods, ppl have said it's half decent.....and.....it's dirt cheap.

hmm...

Sep 14, 2001 at 5:56 AM Post #10 of 13
i think i must own the e888 as well. people say it is the earbud version of the cd1700. if so, i gotta have 'em.

if you think the regular ex70 are cool looking, check out the white version:

sonymdrex70sl.jpg

Sep 14, 2001 at 10:55 AM Post #11 of 13
I dunno, I don't think I like the white ones too much...

They are too 'girly', and look like someone from the '80s would wear them IMO
tongue.gif

Sep 14, 2001 at 7:35 PM Post #12 of 13
girly? GIRLY!?! i'll have you know john wayne owns a pair, bub. and he's all man, although his real name is marion.
rolleyes.gif

i like the white ones, even though they aren't as rugged looking as the black version. the white ones remind me a little of the 80's, yes, and also a little of the headsets they use in anime. they look a bit like medical equipment. the strangest things make me nostolgic...

Sep 14, 2001 at 8:00 PM Post #13 of 13
Hmm....I like the black...simply cuz they wouldn't show ANY wax on them
biggrin.gif

I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the Plugs, mod em, and see how they are...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back