Open? Closed? And what do I need?
Jan 3, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_villain
hey guys, he said, he would take them off an on often. That, doesn't include any canalphones IMO. If you don't mind the looks, get some medium sized closed phones - AKG K271S, Beyerdynamic DT250-80, Sennheiser HD25 (SP), Ultrasone HFI550. Ultrasones and the rest have distributors in UK. But if I was you I would wait for some sweet deal on the Head-Fi "For sale" forum. (You are in UK though). Meier audio - http://www.meier-audio.de/ ships worldwide with shipping cost included.

Thanks very much for that, thats exactly what I needed, to have a look at some names and see, ones that aren't canal...
smily_headphones1.gif
Cheers, seriously.
biggrin.gif

Reading back, and the guys above...
tongue.gif

I'll look at them and get back to you, all the mentioned ones.

Jan 3, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #17 of 22
Having had a look, all of them look good...
smily_headphones1.gif

Some of them aren't available at the meir audio place, although they sound good. I don't understand all these Sen's you keep referencing. I found the First sen's that were talked about... Are all the others the same? Links, if not, please..
tongue.gif
?

So, out of the mentioned ones, I need some solid answers... Which ones?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.

Jan 3, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #18 of 22
Sennheiser 25s were flavour of the month a while back, I read good and bad comments about them. See if you can try before you buy, or buy from a place with a good return policy.

Given you want to take them on and off often, i'd look at compact full sized headphones. Beyerdynamic 250-80 or Sony V6 might do the job well.

Jan 4, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by amartignano
Ant the HD25Sp-1? They are in the budget. They are closed, isolating, comfortable enough (even if they are supra-aural) and good punchy sounding. But I don't know how they compare with the HD25.

Andrea

The HD25-1's are much better than the HD25-SP's, the bass is terribly inflated on the SP's, they also lack the durability of the regular HD25-1's. If I was in your shoes I'd go wild and just let that budget snip over a bit to get the HD25-1's - after all, a budget is just an advisery guideline
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #21 of 22
The 25-1's I could get... Shall I bite?
smily_headphones1.gif

Just in budget... when I've stretched it a little...
wink.gif

The Sony V6 are quite cheap... Do they still sound as good as the Sens will? I mean, is it very noticable...? The Beyerdynamic 250-80 look nice too.

Ok. I'll say, those 3 are the shortlist. Lets say money is no issue between the Sens and Byer's, the sonys are allowed to a little bit worse because they are cheaper.
smily_headphones1.gif

Which one, of those three? I'll try find somewhere I can try them too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back