open circumaural headphones?
Mar 1, 2008 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

quiksliver

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for some headphones to replace my px100s, they are alright sonically but after a few hours of wearing them my ears start to feel tired and uncomfortable, so I want to try and avoid headphones that rest right on the the ear

so I was looking at some circumaural headphones, ones that rest around the ear, and after trying out my friends sony headphones I like this style much better.

however, I noticed alot of these circumaural headphones were closed, but I want something open for a bigger soundstage and so I can hear if someone is calling me

My budget is around 200 bucks

I use these primarily for music, I dont play games or movies all that often so thats not a huge factor

and finally, I want something that will be good for all types of music, but if I had to nail it down to one or two, I want it to be good with rock, acoustic, indie etc

Mar 1, 2008 at 1:15 AM Post #2 of 10
I vote for the ultrasone 2200le or PRO 2500. They offer great sound quality, and can be found for around that price. I used to own the 2500, and they sound wonderful with rock and acoustic.

Mar 1, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 10
bump... I know there are some out there, hd555, ad700, grado 225s that fit this description, so which ones are good for my needs? or am I looking for the wrong thing?

Mar 1, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #4 of 10
X2 on grado 225s sweetest spot on grado's lineup for its value and performance
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 10
hmm tried the Audio Technica ATH910PRO, they only sell them in the EU it appears

and yeah the grados look to big for my ears and don't look very circumaurual but I will see for myself when I try them out in about a week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back