Open-back upgrade to a DT770?
May 5, 2019 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DustbowlWhen

New Head-Fier
I've had 250 Ohm DT770s for a while and like them, but would like to get something open-backed that's an upgrade. I listen to a lot of electronic music and like the bass emphasis of the DT770s (and run a bass boost on top of that), but beyond that am not particularly sure of what headphones to consider.Looking to spend a max of around $350.

I bought some Monolith M1060s on sale and found them to be good but they didn't really like like an upgrade from my DT770s, more of a different-but-equal set of headphones, so I sent them back

May 5, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 5
I've had 250 Ohm DT770s for a while and like them, but would like to get something open-backed that's an upgrade. I listen to a lot of electronic music and like the bass emphasis of the DT770s (and run a bass boost on top of that), but beyond that am not particularly sure of what headphones to consider.Looking to spend a max of around $350.

I bought some Monolith M1060s on sale and found them to be good but they didn't really like like an upgrade from my DT770s, more of a different-but-equal set of headphones, so I sent them back

Save the money now, save more, get an LCD-2C later.

May 5, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 5
What sources or DAC/amps do you plug your headphones into?

May 5, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #4 of 5
May 6, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Save the money now, save more, get an LCD-2C later.

That's what I was thinking. It's a bit of a leap in price, though

What sources or DAC/amps do you plug your headphones into?

Fiio E10k out of my computer

HIfiman HE-500s regularly go for $300-$350 on the used market, and absolutely steamroll anything else in that price range. I thought they sounded vastly better than even my LCD-2C.

I'll take a look at those, thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back