Open back headphones with minimal heat build up recommendations?
Nov 17, 2020 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nokialover

100+ Head-Fier
I’ve had a pair of hifiman he-400i for about 4 years now and while they’ve served me well the biggest problem I’ve had with the is the heat buildup that occurs after not all that much time. The detail is great, low end is meh but very wide soundstage. I was looking at a pair of seinheiser hd 6xx but I’m not sure how those headphones are regarding heat build up. If anyone has any suggestions on this matter I’d love to hear their thoughts.

Nov 17, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 3
The 6XX will be more breathable than the he-400 for sure, but will have a comparable low end and worse soundstage. Still, it's a beloved headphone for intimate mids and all around comfort and usability.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #3 of 3
The 6XX will be more breathable than the he-400 for sure, but will have a comparable low end and worse soundstage. Still, it's a beloved headphone for intimate mids and all around comfort and usability/comfort.

I’m speculating that Focal line of headphones will dissipate heat more readily due to the all metal build. The he-400i features an all plastic build so the headphone must be insulating all the heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back