Open back headphones for music production recomendation.
Mar 15, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #17 of 91
A
Will they sound even better than the AKG 701/702 + Amp?
That would be up to you to decide that . The AKG's are a bit brighter and have better soundstage but totally different sound signature.

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #19 of 91
Thank you guys, I will add to my list of headphones to consider the Sennheiser HD600, the AKG K701, the K702 and the Q701.

Ive got another question:
If I buy an amp and also an audio interface like the Focusrite 2i2, how am I supposed to connect both?

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #20 of 91
- DT880 Pro is very good. Pretty much the same frequency response as HD800.

- K702 is very good as well, better instrument separation than DT880 at the expense of being a tad less extended in the treble region.

- HD600 is a tad too mid-bassy, closed in and lacking sparkle, but it's very good in terms of vocal rendering and it's probably closer to most people's sound system, car stereos and so (in terms of sound signature)

Apr 17, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #24 of 91
Ive finally decided up with the Senn HD600, which amp and dac for around 100 euros for each one do you recommend me? Would be better to buy a sound card like Asus Xonar Essence STX? I mean, which benefits do I get from this one?

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #25 of 91
Well, for 200€ there are quite a few options actually. The Schiit stuff, Fulla 2, Magni/Modi stack, the ODAC and Objective 2 (which I have), Micca Origen, SMSL stuff, Hifimediy stuff and usb interfaces from Behringer, Focusrite, Yamaha and the like. 
Do you have any preferences regarding connectivity (inputs, outputs), transportability, aesthetics, etc?

Apr 18, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #26 of 91
Well, for 200€ there are quite a few options actually. The Schiit stuff, Fulla 2, Magni/Modi stack, the ODAC and Objective 2 (which I have), Micca Origen, SMSL stuff, Hifimediy stuff and usb interfaces from Behringer, Focusrite, Yamaha and the like. 
Do you have any preferences regarding connectivity (inputs, outputs), transportability, aesthetics, etc?

Thank you for your answer. I just want to be focused on the functionallity of the amp and the dac rather than aesthetics, because I will set it up to my pc to build a music studio.

Have you tried the Objective 2 with the Sennheiser HD600?, I've heard on many comments that the HD600 gets a grainy texture in the treble region with this amp, what do you think?

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #27 of 91
For me the term grain or graininess or whatever doesnt mean anything. I read it  a lot and still have no clue what people mean when they use that term. I never heard the 600s with the ODAC/O2, but I own the 580 and 650 and I really like em both with the Objective stack.No harshness, no sibilance, nice soundstage and instrument separation. Rendition of bass slam and texture is very nice, voices are very natural in tone and body. Instruments like snares and hihats have a natural snap and decay to them. Well..thats what I hear anyway ^^
If I go by the reviews and threads here on head-fi stuff like the Modi 2 Uber and Magni 2 Uber are supposed to better. I dont know. Maybe. Hopefully some other lads can chime in. ^^

Jun 1, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #28 of 91
Hi, I wouldn't recommend AKG K612 Pro's for mixing or monitoring.

They are very high-frequency oriented, with very little bass present. You would probably get a flatter response from the K240 models.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #30 of 91
And how is the Akg K7XX for music production?
I don't think that's the right one to pick. Both K702 and K712 should be closer to neutral. With K712 being a tad warmer between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back