Open-back Headphones - 1600€
Jan 2, 2017 at 4:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PiteCZek

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone - so I decided to step up my headphone game (so far I've been using Sennheiser HD650s) and get a new headphones. I would not mind them being a bit more neutral than the 650s (a bit brighter maybe, not so bassy), but still fun and okay to listen to for hours - I am using headphones for everything I am doing on my computer, so they need to be comfortable for long periods of time.

My budget is around 1600€ and my equipment is Gustard X20 DAC coupled with Audio-GD NFB1 AMP (connected with Viablue balanced cable).

I have a chance to listen to these headphones where I live:

Sennheiser HD800
Sennheiser HD800S
Focal Elear
Hifiman HE-560
Beyerdynamic T1 2nd gen

Are there any other headphones I should consider? I know that the best thing is to listen for myself, but I don't want to miss any headphones that might suit me better.

Thank you! :)

Jan 3, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 9
If you can, add Hifiman HE-6 to your audition list.

You've pretty much got the bases covered I think.
If you love the HD650, you will adore the Focal Elear which has overall similar tonality; but you might also want something different.

Jan 3, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 9
  If you can, add Hifiman HE-6 to your audition list.

You've pretty much got the bases covered I think.
If you love the HD650, you will adore the Focal Elear which has overall similar tonality; but you might also want something different.

While I like the signature of HD650s, 70% of the time I would appreciate less bass and less veil - sometimes I feel like I am not as close to music as I could be

Jan 3, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 9
Mr Speakers Ethers.

Jan 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 9
Another +1 for the Flows. Unless you are willing to go the route of electrostatics, which would put the new Lambdas and possibly the KOSS ESP950s to the picture, the Flows are the best current headphones for the price IMO, with all purpose listening in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back