Open air headphones + Speaker system = amazing?
Nov 16, 2005 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mulletman13

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

For some strange reason I was thinking about this last night.... please bear with me on this...

Say you take a pair of Grado SR-225's.... play music on it and put them on.

You split the connection from the home amp to the Grados *and* your surround set of speakers to create soundstage... with sound coming from everywhere.

Would this sound good? Or would it be a good listening experience? I've wanted to try but I dont have any good speakers around
frown.gif

hrmm.....

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 7
seems to me like the headphones would interfere with the surround effect. or vice-versa.

on the other hand, i know people have discussed using a sub to compliment headphones. i sometimes use a closed phone over my iems for more bass and isolation- which sounds pretty incredible. i use my presonus hp4 amp (4 headphone outs).

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:34 PM Post #3 of 7
I tried my hd590s with my logitechz5500 computer speakers...

I couldnt really hear any difference with the music because it was so loud from just the headphones the speakers made no audible differnece, BUT I could feel the subwoofer and it was great!!
lambda.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Nov 16, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 7
It's not really that amazing. You can kind of hear the speakers, but it's not like there's suddenly a magical soundstage.

Nov 16, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #5 of 7
I've tried more then once headphones + speakers and , though it sounds really large and live thing , I slightly prefer the 1 choice solution .
true thing that from time to time I really like to dig the twotogheter for fun factor .

Nov 16, 2005 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 7
I heard people had success with K1000, both with speaker system and with subwoofer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back